How to handle UPnP devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to handle UPnP devices?

Have a few devices that operate through UPnP. They have simple on, off, status (0/1) commands. Ideas how to send/receive these with Homeseer as devices?

I'm not opposed to coding it, but if someone has some groundwork laid out or if it's natively possible, should save a lot of time.

Originally posted by Winnah9000 View Post
    Have a few devices that operate through UPnP. They have simple on, off, status (0/1) commands. Ideas how to send/receive these with Homeseer as devices?

I'm not opposed to coding it, but if someone has some groundwork laid out or if it's natively possible, should save a lot of time.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167644

Comment

Only works for media devices, doesn't allow sending commands. But it has the foundations.

Comment

Originally posted by Winnah9000 View Post
        Only works for media devices, doesn't allow sending commands. But it has the foundations.
        ???
        What kind of devices / brands / models are we talking about?
        If it is UPNP, capabilities are publish and can be controlled. Sounds like DIAL device to me

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          ???
          What kind of devices / brands / models are we talking about?
          If it is UPNP, capabilities are publish and can be controlled. Sounds like DIAL device to me
          The first ones I'd like to integrate are Wemo devices, would save me about $150 in replacing them and I know a lot of people on here want a native plug-in. The commands and everything is published and easy to integrate, just need something that sends them from the device list/commands. It also just polls for info I believe for the status.

Comment

Working...
          X