Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vesternet Caution

Hi Paul,

I've bought from them quite a few times. From experience it took far too long to receive. It was a few items in a sale, and I also PAID extra for quicker delivery. Weeks later.. still no items. I agree, use caution.

Cheers

J

Comment

I've not ordered from them recently but never had an issue with delivery on previous orders.

My post was pointing towards looking up the company's financial info ?

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        I've not ordered from them recently but never had an issue with delivery on previous orders.

My post was pointing towards looking up the company's financial info ?

Paul..

Ok, I looked it up..
        but it doesn't surprise me.

Cheers

J

Comment

Never had a problem with vesternet delivery ever! Always been super quick for UK mainland deliveries... And always been super customer service. Sorry but I've either been extremely lucky along with a few others or visa versa?

Call them they are great to talk to!

Comment

I to have never had a problem. If you mail them first they can often give even better prices than those on the website. They have always been helpful and give advice whether you buy or not.
            Delivery has always been super quick.

Comment

In my original post I didn't want to come across as being blunt but I think perhaps people are not reading it the way I intended.

Basically the company "Vesternet Ltd" became insolvent and was placed in administration in February 2017. The administrators allowed the company to continue trading because they believed that it would be in the best interests of the creditors. Of course they would, given the extortionate fees they will undoubtedly receive out of the deal.

Reading through the statement of affairs, it would appear that the "Vesternet" website was owned personally by the managing director and is now conveniently being operated by another company which is wholly owned by the spouse of the managing director, whilst the "Vesternet" limited company leaves behind debts close to half a million GPB.

It also appears that the managing director owed the company a considerable sum however as he is apparently pursuing an IVA, I wonder how much of that will be repaid and available to creditors.

Having run my own businesses for many years here in the UK and always paying all my creditors and taxes etc, it really pi**es me off when I see this blatant abuse of the system leaving the creditors and the tax payer to pick up the bill.

Paul..

Comment

In my original post I didn't want to come across as being blunt but I think perhaps people are not reading it the way I intended.

Basically the company "Vesternet Ltd" became insolvent and was placed in administration in February 2017. The administrators allowed the company to continue trading because they believed that it would be in the best interests of the creditors. Of course they would, given the extortionate fees they will undoubtedly receive out of the deal.

Reading through the statement of affairs, it would appear that the "Vesternet" website was owned personally by the managing director and is now conveniently being operated by another company which is wholly owned by the spouse of the managing director, whilst the "Vesternet" limited company leaves behind debts close to half a million GPB.

It also appears that the managing director owed the company a considerable sum however as he is apparently pursuing an IVA, I wonder how much of that will be repaid and available to creditors.

Having run my own businesses for many years here in the UK and always paying all my creditors and taxes etc, it really pi**es me off when I see this blatant abuse of the system leaving the creditors and the tax payer to pick up the bill.

Paul..
                Ahhh thank you for that information... Admittedly it's been a while since I ordered but I to will consider options knowing this.

Comment

Paul..
                  That is a bugger. I have used them since the start & have found the service great and the staff knowledgable. The website is full of useful information - lets hope they find a buyer.

Note that the safest time to buy anything from a company is while the Administrators are running it!

Scott

Comment

Paul..
                    Very interesting. I used to buy all my stuff through them, and always got good service and good prices. The person I spoke to did not reply to quotation request as of last year. I then sent my requests to the sales email. The quotes I got were far worse then the deal I usually got. I started buying elsewhere as a result, and only use them if I cannot find it cheaper elsewhere. Also the free return of unwanted or unneeded stuff is not guaranteed any more. I did manage to return something which I had unpacked, and they paid the return postage.
                    But this all ties in with my experience with Vesternet going downhill a little. Its a shame.
                    But I am very glad for your post, it explains a few things, and I just got my neighbour into zwave, and recommended Vesternet for their prices and good return policies. Maybe I will tell him to be a bit more catious with them.
                    Thanks for that Paul, I guess I might have to find another supplier for my neighbour and myself...

Comment

Basically the company "Vesternet Ltd" became insolvent and was placed in administration in February 2017.

Paul..
                      Paul, thanks for this. I was totally unaware, and was about to put in another order. I have also bought multiple Z-wave items from them, and everything up to now was delivered safely and quickly. What a shame
                      Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                        Paul, thanks for this. I was totally unaware, and was about to put in another order. I have also bought multiple Z-wave items from them, and everything up to now was delivered safely and quickly. What a shame
                        I would put in that order now if you need stuff. There's no safer time to buy as your buying from the administrators, not Vesternet Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                          I would put in that order now if you need stuff. There's no safer time to buy as your buying from the administrators, not Vesternet Ltd
                          Just to clarify that "Vesternet Ltd" is not the same thing as vesternet.com.

The vesternet website is no longer operated by Vesternet Ltd but is now operated by Smartech Holdings Ltd.

Paul..

Comment

A year and a half later and they are still trading ? Are they safe to order from now ?
                            Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

I have bought from them a few times since sootys original post (and a lot before they changed hands), and they seem fine. Customer service is still ok (returning unwanted/not working with HS3) items was not a problem. They used to give good discounts on bulk purchases, now they do not any more. I used to buy 100% through them, now its maybe 20% but thats only due to better deals elswhere.
                              Just my personal experience, I do not have any affiliation with them

Comment

Working...
                              X