No announcement yet.

Intermatic PE653RC MultiWave Z-wave Pool/Spa/Home Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received the notification that it is on it's way back. THANKS alot for getting it done for us. Now the work is back in my court
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

read the spec.. and I thought it was just a set(5) of relays with a thermostat thrown in..

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
        read the spec.. and I thought it was just a set(5) of relays with a thermostat thrown in..
        That is pretty much it. The air temperature is not even accessible - that temperature is used just for the anti-freeze measures that can be turned on. You do get the water temperature, and there are two thermostats (to some degree). I cannot understand with the ability to specify that a spa and/or a pool is installed, and there are two separate temperature setpoints for those, how the system can run with only one water temperature sensor!

The way the sensors connect at the top where the Z-Wave module, which is stored in the cap is located, is very strange too - I could not put the cap on to enable Z-Wave without using their cut-out holes for the sensor wires, so I tried to be very nice in cutting a slit just big enough for the wires to come out of.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

After taking a long look, I decided to make mine gorilla proof. I am going to use the control just to trigger heavy duty 3HP relays. This way I just run 120vac low current ( 18 ga ) wires to the control, with all the heavy duty work in my control box at the spa. The Idea, subject to change is to mount the control on a pillar up at eye level. Will add pic's as I go

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
            "Make It Work" is right. The PE653 is certified, but the certification house missed a big thing in how it reports the temperature setpoints that it supports. Intermatic did it wrong, and we are not going to get them to change it anytime soon (and certainly not for the units already out there) so I am making an adjustment in our code.

The other thing is that I am not sure that they give you all of the information you may need to set up your system properly - there is a whole host of Z-Wave Configuration settings that you need to go through to set it up for the various pump types that you may have. I am going to add a setting for the mode, which determines whether you have a pool, spa, or both installed, but the numerous other settings you can set using the generic configuration setting at the bottom of the settings. There are a lot of them and it should be a one-time deal setting it up, so it does not make sense for us to create a UI for each and every one of them. To make it easier to re-program in the future, create a table of the parameter number, parameter size (1, 2, or 4 bytes) and the value that you use, and that way it will be easy to re-configure the unit if for some reason you remove and re-add it to your network.

The enclosed document explains these settings and I have no idea why Intermatic does not provide them with the unit.

This should (fingers crossed) be working in our next release of the Z-Wave plug-in.
            Rick, thank you very much for this change. It was a long wait for me, but hopefully worth it. All i want to do is raise the temp and turn the pump on from my phone, which was a pain until now.

could you please throw in here the version of the z-wave plugin that should have the change?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Silentcossack View Post
              Rick, thank you very much for this change. It was a long wait for me, but hopefully worth it. All i want to do is raise the temp and turn the pump on from my phone, which was a pain until now.

could you please throw in here the version of the z-wave plugin that should have the change?

Thanks again!
              I believe the last two releases had it, but definitely the current one (3.0.0.30) has it.
              Regards,

Comment

OK Tink.. got it back and trying to get it going
                the relays seem to work find
                I cannot get a reading from the temp
                If I set spa to 102 I get 38. something

going to print out your instructions, but I didn't see how to set up the heater
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's where I started..
                  Attached Files

Comment

I cannot get a reading from the temp
                    If I set spa to 102 I get 38. something
                    38.9c is 102f:
                    https://www.google.com/search?q=38.9...ient=firefox-a

so it is reporting centigrade.
                    (used to live in europe)

Raptor
                    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                      38.9c is 102f:
                      https://www.google.com/search?q=38.9...ient=firefox-a

so it is reporting centigrade.
                      (used to live in europe)

Raptor
                      thanks. now all I need to do is find out how to change it and set up the heater controls
                      interesting that I put in F and it spit out C

Comment

this week-end I'm going to try and install, configure and play.

So far doesn't look so good, can't get it to talk in F, only C and no temp is responding from prove.. But.. the on/off works for the pumps

we will see what happens when I set up the remote controller

Comment

this week-end I'm going to try and install, configure and play.

So far doesn't look so good, can't get it to talk in F, only C and no temp is responding from prove.. But.. the on/off works for the pumps

we will see what happens when I set up the remote controller
                          Your global temp scale in HS is probably set to C.
                          Regards,

Comment

f not c

is this the one ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

is this the one ?
                              Yep - then a configuration parameter must have been changed in the unit AND it is reporting it wrong because if it said it was in C, that setting would result in it being converted to F by the plug-in.
                              Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                                Yep - then a configuration parameter must have been changed in the unit AND it is reporting it wrong because if it said it was in C, that setting would result in it being converted to F by the plug-in.
                                I looked in your and their notes, couldn't find a param to edit.. btw, did it display a temp in HS when you had it ??

Comment

Working...
                                X