No announcement yet.

***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jakob, be sure to start the compiler from the hs arduino config page. I also got problem trying to compile the homeseer file without going through the hs arduino config page.

Comment

OK will try tonight

Originally posted by jonas.hellgren View Post
      Jakob, be sure to start the compiler from the hs arduino config page. I also got problem trying to compile the homeseer file without going through the hs arduino config page.
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
        OK will try tonight
        Yes you must use the .ino form the config page. Also make sure you restart the Arduino software after copying the libraries across.
        If you still have problems then let me see the errors.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
          I have a netduino for testing. Is that enough 'duino to still work?

Also, are there any examples of applied use for the plugin and arduino, schematics-wise, or block-diagram-wise to let others who want to dig into 'duino-land but may need the light bulb to go off first?

Don't see how it can possibly work. I just got my netduino plus 2 and give that it runs .net micro framework, I don't know how you'd load an arduino sketch without converting to .NET

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
          HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
          2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
          USB UIRT
          Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
          WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
          HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
          HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
          2GIG Thermostat
          BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
          BLUPS
          UltraLog (SQL2008)
          Jon00 Plugins
          Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
          Global Cache IP2IR
          Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
            Don't see how it can possibly work. I just got my netduino plus 2 and give that it runs .net micro framework, I don't know how you'd load an arduino sketch without converting to .NET
            Well I have just looked at this and it looks like I have miss understood what a Netduino is. I thought you were talking about the Arduino Ethernet but after looking at it more and the comment above it looks like this may be a completely different device. Please accept my apologies for not looking at this sooner but as I have said before I can not support and test all the boards. I will try and get a list of confirmed working boards and add it to the first post.

Looking at the info available I guess I may be able to add an API for the netduino with the help of someone with one.

Sorry again for any misleading info.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
              Well I have just looked at this and it looks like I have miss understood what a Netduino is. I thought you were talking about the Arduino Ethernet but after looking at it more and the comment above it looks like this may be a completely different device. Please accept my apologies for not looking at this sooner but as I have said before I can not support and test all the boards. I will try and get a list of confirmed working boards and add it to the first post.

Looking at the info available I guess I may be able to add an API for the netduino with the help of someone with one.

Sorry again for any misleading info.

Greig.
              Hi Greig

I'd be willing to test with the netduino. I'm just finishing building a sump monitor (monitors water level, pump(s) on/off) and drives tri-color LED strip.

Last step was going to be sending messages to HS. (I'm pretty new to C#, network programming, REST, etc.)

Regards

Mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
              HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
              2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
              USB UIRT
              Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
              WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
              HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
              HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
              2GIG Thermostat
              BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
              BLUPS
              UltraLog (SQL2008)
              Jon00 Plugins
              Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
              Global Cache IP2IR
              Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                Hi Greig

I'd be willing to test with the netduino. I'm just finishing building a sump monitor (monitors water level, pump(s) on/off) and drives tri-color LED strip.

Last step was going to be sending messages to HS. (I'm pretty new to C#, network programming, REST, etc.)

Regards

Mark
                Thanks for the offer Mark,

I will have a look in to this more when I get more time. I would need to learn how they work first but I am sure we could get something together.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

It works!

Godt my Arduino Ethernet board up and running. Upgraded to the latest Beta version of the Arduino software and everything are fine.
                  Got the inputs and outputs just fine.
                  Best,

Comment

Would it be possible to somehow ad a pulse based distance functionality like this to the plugin http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...e-arduino.html ?
                    Best,

Comment

Would it be possible to somehow ad a pulse based distance functionality like this to the plugin http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...e-arduino.html ?
                      HI Jakob,

Yes this can be added by yourself. This is the idea behind the API.ino if you have a board and set the type to API in the homeseer config page then you download the API.ino and add the code on the page that is in the link and then add the the line SendToHS(1,cm); to send the cm reading to API input 1. Then in homeseer add an api input and set this up with the unit "cm" and then upload it to the board. You should then have the cm reading in homeseer.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

It works Great!

Greig, this is just fantastic! I had a few problems at first, but after re-reading the instructions, I have it working. I am completely amazed how well this works, along with the great documentation you wrote.

Currently I have a few doors that I wanted to know the status of, but not hook them to my DSC alarm so I wired them up to the arduino uno. I also have made a cat food level alert, not that I need one, because my cat seems to yell when he even begins to get low, but neat none the less.

Next to wire up is the Sump Pump bilges and finally put some automation into my hvac damper. I think it would also work great to hook up a relay board and use it to switch my speakers in the house.

I'll keep everyone posted on progress. Thank you again for a great product!

-John

Comment

***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

I Will try the api when I have the ultra sound beams.

I if understand your api correct this sound super smart. I can have distributed computing power and sensoring cheap while feeding results and control back to hs.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                          HI Jakob,

Yes this can be added by yourself. This is the idea behind the API.ino if you have a board and set the type to API in the homeseer config page then you download the API.ino and add the code on the page that is in the link and then add the the line SendToHS(1,cm); to send the cm reading to API input 1. Then in homeseer add an api input and set this up with the unit "cm" and then upload it to the board. You should then have the cm reading in homeseer.

Greig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Best,

Comment

I Will try the api when I have the ultra sound beams.

I if understand your api correct this sound super smart. I can have distributed computing power and sensoring cheap while feeding results and control back to hs.

[/URL]
                            Yes this is the Idea. I hope it works for you.
                            If you have any problems give me a shout and I will see if I can help.

Greig.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Greig,
                              I'm testing your plugin and... it's fantastic.
                              -- Digital input ok, tested with magnetic sensor
                              -- Digital out ok, tested with uln2803 darlington driver and 12V relays
                              -- Analog input ok, tested with a voltage divider used as flooding sensor below the dishwasher and washing machine. Analog input also used for power consumption control (with current clamp)
                              -- onewire ok, tested with DS18B20 sensor
                              -- pwm out ok, (fantastic!!!), tested with N channel mosfet IRL540 to drive an rgb strip led

Next step: learn the API.ino option to interface the wind speed sensor and IR transmitter to control the audio/video system

Thanks a lot!

Cris.

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
                                Greig,
                                I'm testing your plugin and... it's fantastic.
                                -- Digital input ok, tested with magnetic sensor
                                -- Digital out ok, tested with uln2803 darlington driver and 12V relays
                                -- Analog input ok, tested with a voltage divider used as flooding sensor below the dishwasher and washing machine. Analog input also used for power consumption control (with current clamp)
                                -- onewire ok, tested with DS18B20 sensor
                                -- pwm out ok, (fantastic!!!), tested with N channel mosfet IRL540 to drive an rgb strip led

Next step: learn the API.ino option to interface the wind speed sensor and IR transmitter to control the audio/video system

Thanks a lot!

Cris.
                                Thanks for the good news and test results.

I do have IR input working on the plugin but I can not work out how the events are set up in HS3 and I cant think of another way to trigger events so I think I need to work this out to get the IR launched.

Greig.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X