Clear All

Hello,

Thanks for the update.
    i getting a error with the multimeter sketch

TestMultimeterSensor:23 error 'S_MULTIMETER' was not declared in this scope

Ed

Comment

Hi Henrik,

I created a distance sensor today using the standard distance sketch and again it did not create the child device. I've attached the debug log of the sensor being added and data being received. Any ideas?

Thanks
      Al
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sparkman; March 29, 2015, 12:57 PM.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

TestMultimeterSensor:23 error 'S_MULTIMETER' was not declared in this scope
        This is because S_MULTIMETER isn't defined in MyMessage.h in the MySensors library - try to compile the sketch with the latest dev branch of the MySensors library. S_MULTIMETER is not part of the official 1.4.1 release of the MySensors library.

I created a distance sensor today using the standard distance sketch and again it did not create the child device.
        I've checked the log - A S_DISTANCE presentation is received but for some reason it isn't created. Please try to delete the devices with node id 4, restart HomeSeer and then try to add the devices again. I have experienced some issues with reusing node ids without restarting the server - it is on my ToDo list.

My understanding is that it would use the DIMMER device for the servo. Is that correct?
        I've just checked the sketch and it is using the S_DIMMER device. Please try the same approach as described above.

Best regards,
        Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
          I've checked the log - A S_DISTANCE presentation is received but for some reason it isn't created. Please try to delete the devices with node id 4, restart HomeSeer and then try to add the devices again. I have experienced some issues with reusing node ids without restarting the server - it is on my ToDo list.
          Hi Henrik,

I let the distance sensor run for a while and while I was adding my lightning sensor, the distance device for the first distance sensor added as well. The distance device for the lightning sensor added right away. I've added a log with the details (with some entries removed to reduce the size). I'll power up the servo sensor again and let it run for a while to see if it gets created.

Thanks
          Al
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Henrik,

Just tried adding the servo again and the plugin crashed. See attached for details. I'll try to replicate.

Thanks
            Al

EDIT: Looks like the sensor comes up as Node 0 and perhaps the plugin gets confused.
            ANOTHER EDIT: I changed the sensor back to Node 3 and it still crashes the plugin when I put it in inclusion mode. I attached another log showing this.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sparkman; March 29, 2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Sparkman,

Thank you for the feedback and logs.

I let the distance sensor run for a while and while I was adding my lightning sensor, the distance device for the first distance sensor added as well.
              • First try to add distance sensor with id 4 happens at 11:36:07 (line 96)
              • The distance sensors with node id 4 is added at 12:42:14, 8th attempt (line 493)

• First try to add distance sensor with id 5 happens at 12:42:16 (line 522)
              • The distance sensors with node id 5 is added at 12:42:16, 1. attempt (line 523)

I can't really see from the log why the device isn't created in the plugin initially. I assume that node id 4 is reused? What about node id 5?

Looks like the sensor comes up as Node 0 and perhaps the plugin gets confused.
              Node id 0 is reserved for the controller, but the plugin should be able to survive a node representing itself with node id 0. Have you manually set the node id to 0?

I changed the sensor back to Node 3 and it still crashes the plugin when I put it in inclusion mode. I attached another log showing this.
              During the startup the following devices are detected
              • S_ARDUINO_NODE (0, 255) - Might be problematic
              • S_ARDUINO_NODE (1, 255)
              • S_DOOR (1, 3)
              • S_ARDUINO_NODE (2, 255)
              • S_ARDUINO_NODE (3, 255)
              • S_ARDUINO_NODE (4, 255)
              • S_DISTANCE (4, 1)
              • S_ARDUINO_NODE (5, 255)
              • S_DISTANCE (5, 1)

Some observations from the crash log:
              • 3:53:02 (line 623): The plugin is put into inclusion mode (I assume)
              • 3:35:15 (line 649): An (S_COVER) presentation message for node id 3 / child id 10 is received ... the plugin crashes subsequently.
              • 3:54:08 (line 650): Plugin is restarting

A couple of comments/questions:
              • The S_ARDUINO_NODE (0,255) is gone after the crashes
              • Why is an S_COVER presentation received from node 3? Something seems to be wrong with the servo node as it represents itself as an S_COVER device.
              • It seems like you have some devices (S_ARDUINO_NODE) without associated sensors e.g. node id 2 and 3 (during the first startup). Node id 2 and 3 will not be reallocated to a node if S_ARDUINO_NODE devices with node id 2 and 3 exists (you can use static node ids to have new devices registered with node id 3). When I delete nodes I typically also delete the S_ARDUINO_NODE device, but it shouldn't matter.

Best regards,
              Henrik

Comment

Hi Henrik,

See my answers/comments below.

Thanks for your help!
                Al

I can't really see from the log why the device isn't created in the plugin initially. I assume that node id 4 is reused? What about node id 5?
                Only 2 and 3 were reused. 4 and 5 were brand new.

Node id 0 is reserved for the controller, but the plugin should be able to survive a node representing itself with node id 0. Have you manually set the node id to 0?
                I don't know why the sensor started using Node 0. The day before it was assigned Node 3. I manually changed it back to Node 3 by adding gw.begin(NULL, 3) into the sensor sketch and reloading it.

The S_ARDUINO_NODE (0,255) is gone after the crashes
                I manually deleted it from HS.

Why is an S_COVER presentation received from node 3? Something seems to be wrong with the servo node as it represents itself as an S_COVER device.
                No idea, why it's doing that. I'm using the default MySensors servo sketch.

It seems like you have some devices (S_ARDUINO_NODE) without associated sensors e.g. node id 2 and 3 (during the first startup). Node id 2 and 3 will not be reallocated to a node if S_ARDUINO_NODE devices with node id 2 and 3 exists (you can use static node ids to have new devices registered with node id 3). When I delete nodes I typically also delete the S_ARDUINO_NODE device, but it shouldn't matter.
                Node 2 is the secret knock sensor and Node 3 is the servo sensor, so both are real sensors, but just no child node is created yet.

Comment

Hi Henrik,

The default Servo Actuator sketch sends the following:

Code:
                  void setup() 
                  { 

// Attach method for incoming messages
                    gw.begin(incomingMessage);

// Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
                    gw.sendSketchInfo("Servo", "1.0");

// Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
                    gw.present(CHILD_ID, S_COVER);

// Request last servo state at startup
                    gw.request(CHILD_ID, V_DIMMER);
                  }
                  I'll change S_COVER to S_DIMMER and see if it works that way.

Thanks
                  Al

Comment

I just rechecked the Servo sketch. It presents itself as an S_COVER device. The S_COVER device is controlled with the V_DIMMER, V_UP, V_DOWN and V_STOP commands.

Changing the presentation to S_DIMMER will most likely work but you will not have access to the Up, Down and Stop commands.

Best regards,
                    Henrik

Comment

I just rechecked the Servo sketch. It presents itself as an S_COVER device. The S_COVER device is controlled with the V_DIMMER, V_UP, V_DOWN and V_STOP commands.

Changing the presentation to S_DIMMER will most likely work but you will not have access to the Up, Down and Stop commands.

Best regards,
                      Henrik
                      Thanks Henrik, any idea why it causes the plugin to crash? Will you be adding support for the S_COVER device?

Thanks
                      Al

Comment

Hi,

I've been able to reproduce the crash related to the Servo/S_COVER device. The plugin crashes if it encounters a presentation of a device that it doesn't support The issue has been resolved.

Support for the S_LOCK device has been implemented and I'm working on support for the S_COVER device. I'm planning a release including the error correction and the support for the S_LOCK and S_COVER devices as soon as I have support for the S_COVER device implemented.

I have no updates related to the issue with the delayed device inclusion.

Best regards,
                        Henrik

Comment

Great, thanks Henrik!

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

New release available.
                              • Crash related to unknown device presentations fixed
                              • Support for S_LOCK sensors
                              • Support for S_COVER sensors
                              • Support for V_UNIT_PREFIX (only for metric units)
                              • Support for user defined unit strings

Best regards,
                            Henrik

Comment

New release available.
                                • Crash related to unknown device presentations fixed
                                • Support for S_LOCK sensors
                                • Support for S_COVER sensors
                                • Support for V_UNIT_PREFIX (only for metric units)
                                • Support for user defined unit strings

Best regards,
                              Henrik
                              Hi Henrik,

Thanks for this update. I finally had a chance to install it today and have run into an issue where the plugin will no longer pick up updates from the sensors nor go into inclusion mode. Below is the debug log from starting the plugin. At the end you see it restarting the gateway twice when I try to go into inclusion mode. Restoring the old version gets things working again, so I've ruled out any hardware issues. Any thoughts?

Thanks
                              Al

Code:
                              4/12/2015 11:50:43 AM | PLUGIN | GENERIC | HSPI_MySensors running.
                              4/12/2015 11:50:43 AM | PLUGIN | GENERIC | Assembly: HSPI_MySensors, Version 1.0.5574.17274
                              4/12/2015 11:50:44 AM | HOMESEER | STATUS | Plugin: MySensors Instance:  starting...
                              4/12/2015 11:50:44 AM | HOMESEER | STATUS | Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
                              4/12/2015 11:50:44 AM | HOMESEER | STATUS | Connection attempt #1
                              4/12/2015 11:50:44 AM | HOMESEER | STATUS | Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
                              4/12/2015 11:50:44 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_CONTROLLER (0, 0) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:50:44 AM | MYSENSORS | STATUS | MySensors.Controller (0, 0)- Node id allocated: 0
                              4/12/2015 11:50:59 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_CONTROLLER (0, 0) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:00 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_ARDUINO_NODE (1, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:00 AM | MYSENSORS | STATUS | MySensors.Controller (0, 0)- Node id allocated: 1
                              4/12/2015 11:51:00 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (1, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:00 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.S_DEVICE (1, 255) - Configuration initialized by user to Metric.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:00 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (1, 255) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:00 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_DOOR (1, 3) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:00 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_DOOR (1, 3) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:00 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_DOOR (1, 3) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:01 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_ARDUINO_NODE (2, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:01 AM | MYSENSORS | STATUS | MySensors.Controller (0, 0)- Node id allocated: 2
                              4/12/2015 11:51:01 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (2, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:01 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.S_DEVICE (2, 255) - Configuration initialized by user to Metric.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:01 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (2, 255) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_ARDUINO_NODE (3, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | MYSENSORS | STATUS | MySensors.Controller (0, 0)- Node id allocated: 3
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (3, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.S_DEVICE (3, 255) - Configuration initialized by user to Metric.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (3, 255) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_ARDUINO_NODE (4, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | MYSENSORS | STATUS | MySensors.Controller (0, 0)- Node id allocated: 4
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (4, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.S_DEVICE (4, 255) - Configuration initialized by user to Metric.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (4, 255) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_ARDUINO_NODE (5, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | MYSENSORS | STATUS | MySensors.Controller (0, 0)- Node id allocated: 5
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (5, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:02 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.S_DEVICE (5, 255) - Configuration initialized by user to Metric.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (5, 255) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_DISTANCE (4, 1) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_DISTANCE (4, 1) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_DISTANCE (4, 1) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_DISTANCE (5, 1) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_DISTANCE (5, 1) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_DISTANCE (5, 1) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_POWER_PULSE_COUNT (5, 2) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_POWER_PULSE_COUNT (5, 2) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer device status changed in S_POWER_PULSE_COUNT MySensors object.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer device status changed in S_POWER_PULSE_COUNT MySensors object.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_PULSE_COUNT (5, 2) - Pulse count set by user: 0
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | ERROR | MySensors.S_POWER_PULSE_COUNT (5, 2) - Gateway not ready, message rejected.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_Controller (0, 0) - Restarting gateway ...
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_POWER_PULSE_COUNT (5, 2) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_POWER_KWH (5, 2) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_POWER_KWH (5, 2) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_POWER_KWH (5, 2) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_POWER_WATT (5, 2) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_POWER_WATT (5, 2) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_POWER_WATT (5, 2) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_ARDUINO_NODE (6, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | MYSENSORS | STATUS | MySensors.Controller (0, 0)- Node id allocated: 6
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (6, 255) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.S_DEVICE (6, 255) - Configuration initialized by user to Metric.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_ARDUINO_NODE (6, 255) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | HomeSeer.Controller - HomeSeer.S_DOOR (6, 3) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | MySensors.Controller (0,0) - MySensors.S_DOOR (6, 3) registered by the controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_DOOR (6, 3) device created (Request from HomeSeer)
                              4/12/2015 11:51:04 AM | HOMESEER | STATUS | Done initializing
                              4/12/2015 11:51:34 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | Device value set request from HomeSeer received in HSPI.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:34 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | Device value set request from HomeSeer received in generic HomeSeer device object.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:34 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | Device value set request from HomeSeer received in HomeSeer controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:34 AM | PLUGIN | ERROR | MySensors.S_CONTROLLER (0, 0) - Gateway not ready, message rejected.
                              4/12/2015 11:51:34 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_Controller (0, 0) - Restarting gateway ...
                              4/12/2015 11:52:00 AM | HOMESEER | STATUS | HSEvent: CONFIG_CHANGE
                              4/12/2015 11:52:00 AM | HOMESEER | STATUS | HSEvent: CONFIG_CHANGE
                              4/12/2015 11:52:12 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | Device value set request from HomeSeer received in HSPI.
                              4/12/2015 11:52:12 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | Device value set request from HomeSeer received in generic HomeSeer device object.
                              4/12/2015 11:52:12 AM | PLUGIN | DEBUG | Device value set request from HomeSeer received in HomeSeer controller.
                              4/12/2015 11:52:12 AM | PLUGIN | ERROR | MySensors.S_CONTROLLER (0, 0) - Gateway not ready, message rejected.
                              4/12/2015 11:52:12 AM | PLUGIN | STATUS | MySensors.S_Controller (0, 0) - Restarting gateway ...
                              4/12/2015 11:52:56 AM | HOMESEER | STATUS | HSEvent: CONFIG_CHANGE

Comment

Have you tried restarting Homeseer?

I don't think I have tried including with this version but my sensors update.

Regards
                                Morten

Comment

Working...
                                X