HS3 - Zigbee Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    That sounds like an ideal solution. I checked their web site and googled around but didn't see anything about this. I still like the Pico remotes as they are a really nice design and also provide multiple button configurations. But a wireless z-wave switch would be a good start.
    You can launch 8 different events with the new Aeon Keyfob too: check out the video in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177397
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That's nice - now if they just made a wall mounted version of this we could be adding switches all over the place without having to worry about existing wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        That's nice - now if they just made a wall mounted version of this we could be adding switches all over the place without having to worry about existing wiring?
        Home Depot sells a wall mount kit:

Comment

I'll be sure to cross-post this in the redneck automation forum. It does open up all sorts of possibilities!

Comment

Hm. . .I thought as I read through this that a month from August we might be getting an update. . .looks like not. . .

Aeotec is also planning to replace a wireless touch panel. . .but their "soon" isn't typically consistent.

Comment

Anything new happening with the zigbee support macromark? Like the OP, I'm looking at the Keen Home Smart Vents.

Comment

And I am still interested in the Lutron Pico remotes. I did just find the Cooper Anyplace switch. It looks interesting, a lot more expensive than the Pico remote - it requires a special RF module. It does seem to solve my problem. As zigbee doesn't seem to be a possibility I am going to look into it. I am also trying to add my Harmony Home Hub to Homeseer to see if I can communicate with that, and in turn have it communicate with Zigbee devices. It would not add to my HS2 with a Z-Troller so I have just ordered a ZNET for my concurrent HS3 installation - so we will see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  Arguing's OK but no weapons... that's the rule.

Like I said at the end of my last post, we're finishing up the Echo integration and then we'll be taking another look at Zigbee. If we move ahead, we'll likely be focused on the base "HA" protocol. We did get Zigbee working with the Sylvania bulbs in our previous go around.
                  Any word on whether you guys are going to work up a zigbee plugin? Personally my system is slowly upgrading from X10 to Zwave but I do have about four Hue bulbs and 10 or so GE Link bulbs around the house as well as a Pivot Power Genius. I'm using Jowihue for the bulbs and a couple of IFTTT-Homeseer recipes for the Pivot and a couple of Wemo devices.

I've found that Z-Wave is far and about much more reliable than any of the zigbee devices, yet I would still like to have better integration as I'll continue using these. Only problem with using IFTTT (which is awesome btw) is that I want LOCAL control. That's one of the reasons my wink hub that I got on sale is basically sitting there unused. Only thing paired with it is my pivot power lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                    Perhaps it might be a good use of resources to fix some of the outstanding issues with Z-Wave before moving onto something new. Here's a couple of things I would like to see addressed.

1. Recording of energy data has bugs and has had for a long time. I've reported this twice on bugzilla and also contacted Rich directly but the problem remains as of HS .198 and ZW .27.

2. Give the user the option to switch off energy recording to DB at device level. I fail to see the benefit of recording 000's of zero value readings.

From where I'm sitting, it appears to be a challenge keeping the Z-Wave plug-in up to date with new devices / changes etc, so it will be interesting to see how it works with another technology to support.

Paul..
                    +1
                    Tom
                    baby steps...starting again with HS3
                    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                      2. Give the user the option to switch off energy recording to DB at device level. I fail to see the benefit of recording 000's of zero value readings. +1
                      Just go into your settings and uncheck the box next to: Enable Energy Logging and Graphing

Comment

That's not device level right? Its all or nothing?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          Just go into your settings and uncheck the box next to: Enable Energy Logging and Graphing
                          Thanks - been needing that for a while now. You guys must have snuck that feature in under the radar
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                            That's not device level right? Its all or nothing?
                            Correct, the function is enabled / disabled globally.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            Thanks - been needing that for a while now. You guys must have snuck that feature in under the radar
                            Not too sneaky. The feature debuted in a beta from November: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=1

Comment

Hi Mark,

When you and I discussed ZigBee support in your office when I was picking up some stuff I purchased you said there was no "killer app" on ZigBee that was not available on Z-wave. I just got an announcement through SmartThings about an irrigation controller that looks very interesting, but when I contacted the manufacturer they told me it is ZigBee. Take a look at Spruce Irrigation and see what you think.

Thanks,
                              Don

Comment

I still don't understand the request for zigbee... It's not open like zwave. It's pros are also it's cons.

You aren't going to be able to use iris zigbee stuff or control 4 because its locked down. I don't see a lot of zigbee stuff that isn't locked to its provider and system.

zwave you have to follow the protocol to be part of it which means that it must be able to work in all zwave mesh networks and all controllers will have the ability to control it (gray area on the controller because the company providing the controller needs to support the device too).

zigbee has different modes depending on its function, and even with that, usually the provider locks the equipment so that it can only be used by their stuff.

Am I missing something here? What devices are we expecting to work with zigbee support in HS?

Comment

Working...
                                X