UltraLighting3 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraLighting3 Beta

UltraLighting3 is a HomeSeer3 plug-in (HSPI) that allows you to use HomeSeer to set your LIFX LED lights to suit your mood or life style. The UltraLighting3 HSPI uses the LAN protocol which allows the fastest control of your lights. With LIFX there are no cables or hub; all you need is Wi-Fi, your iOS/Android device and a LIFX Light to configure your lights. Once your lights are configured, the UltraLighting3 HSPI will automatically discover and configure them for use with HomeSeer.
    Last edited by Ultrajones; March 10, 2018, 11:25 AM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Screenshots

Screenshots
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for making this great plugin, will definietly support you when the license file is up on the store!

Edit: Seem to be having an issue interfacing it with hstouch. Specifically dimming it with the dimmers provided on hstouch.

Jan-07 7:20:35 PM HSTouch Server Error (5) CAPIHandleStatus failed with reason: Input string was not in a correct format.
      Jan-07 7:20:35 PM HSTouch Server Debug 07:20:35:1243 ~ CAPIHandleStatus, command:dimab
      Last edited by matt246; January 7, 2016, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Hi, I'm having some issues.

The plugin installs and finds the bulb. It can be controlled through the device page. However, I get an error when running an event using Set Color, Set White, and Set Power:

"Error executing action: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid." and "Event LIFX testing dim, Action of UltraLighting3: Set Power could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete."

Further, there's no option to set brightness/dim over time? The only thing that works with events is using "Control a Device" but the dimming is abrupt without a smooth transition. Hopefully these issues can be addressed.

Bulb/System info: LIFX Color 1000, HS3 3.0.0.208, Windows 8.1 Pro

Comment

I added a new action to set the brightness level of lights via events. It's available in UltraLighting3 HSPI version 3.0.5853.37721. I also fixed a few issues with the HS events. Please download and let me know if you're still seeing any issue.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Last edited by Ultrajones; January 10, 2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I'll be posting an update tomorrow that adds lighting effect.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ultrajones; January 14, 2016, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Oh nice can't wait for this update as I've been trying to have them flash if an alarm goes off!

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                I added a new action to set the brightness level of lights via events. It's available in UltraLighting3 HSPI version 3.0.5853.37721. I also fixed a few issues with the HS events. Please download and let me know if you're still seeing any issue.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Thanks for adding brightness. This update fixed the errors for me.

Comment

Here is an example on how to apply the strobe effect to your lights. The previous color can be any color except black. Setting the color to black essentially turns it off. The Waveform affect is available in UltraLighting3 HSPI version 3.0.5859.18550.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just loaded the plug-in and it found the two LIFX Color 900 BR30 lamps I have right away. It created the devices and the plug-in is enabled with no errors.

The plug-in will report the status of the lamps almost instantly on the HS3 device page from my app but I cannot control them at all from the HS3 device page or call them from an event.

Should I start over again or did I miss something?

Thanks

Will

Comment

Hi Will, I am sorry to hear you having trouble with the plug-in. The LIFX Color 900 BR30 bulbs are one of the 2 I don't have. However, they should all "just work". When you connect to them via the LIFX app, does it prompt to you update the firmware?

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        Hi Will, I am sorry to hear you having trouble with the plug-in. The LIFX Color 900 BR30 bulbs are one of the 2 I don't have. However, they should all "just work". When you connect to them via the LIFX app, does it prompt to you update the firmware?

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        Yes the app asked to update the firmware after I installed your plug-in and took almost a minute to do both lamps. I will restart HS and see if its makes a difference and report back.

Comment

Just so you know I still am unable to purchase the license for it.

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
                            Yes the app asked to update the firmware after I installed your plug-in and took almost a minute to do both lamps. I will restart HS and see if its makes a difference and report back.
                            I tried deleting plug-in and reinstalling again. No difference. It finds the lamps no problem, shows current status accurately on the device page, but still no control from the device page

I purchased and tried the LIFX Color 900 BR30 lamps as I saw them in your screenshot when you introduced the plug in.

Which color LIFX lamps are you using successfully?

I don't mind testing a different lamp to see if it is the type I am having a problem with and will return the 900's.

Maybe someone else with the LIFX Color 900 BR30 can chime in if they are working for them?

*Correction. The lamp model I bought is the LIFX Color 1000 BR30. They are reported as the 900 in your plug in if that makes any difference
                            Last edited by will40; January 19, 2016, 07:24 PM. Reason: update on lamp model

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
                              I tried deleting plug-in and reinstalling again. No difference. It finds the lamps no problem, shows current status accurately on the device page, but still no control from the device page

I purchased and tried the LIFX Color 900 BR30 lamps as I saw them in your screenshot when you introduced the plug in.

Which color LIFX lamps are you using successfully?

I don't mind testing a different lamp to see if it is the type I am having a problem with and will return the 900's.

Maybe someone else with the LIFX Color 900 BR30 can chime in if they are working for them?

*Correction. The lamp model I bought is the LIFX Color 1000 BR30. They are reported as the 900 in your plug in if that makes any difference
                              Ah, mine are too. I'll have to fix that. So, I have 2 of those bulbs installed in my house and they are working fine. Please try deleting the HomeSeer devices and let the plug-in recreate them to see if that fixes the ability to control the lights.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X