Suggestions for intercom / videocom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for intercom / videocom

I still own an old analog PBX which has superb intercom and doorphone capabilities but just can't bring myself to install 25 year old tech in my new home and HS3 system.

I like the idea of the Android or Windows voip tablet phones and if they can run HSTouch that would be a bonus. An app like Zoiper with configurable intercom buttons might also work.

Anyone have any ideas or suggest a decent platform that would make for easy paging, intercom, door-phone and possible camera integration?

I'm in the process of writing a plugin for Doorbird, it won't have a method to exchange voice in HS and talk through HS (at this time) but getting a video stream, history images, controlling a door opener, doorbell notifications etc should end up working.

Comment

IP video Phone

Take a look at the Grandstream GXV3275

It is a IP video phone that runs android touch screen and HS3Touch runs great.

http://www.grandstream.com/products/...roduct/gxv3275

You can run almost any flavor of IP PBX (asterisk) PBX in a flash, etc.

Comment

Found it for around $170 something or another. Would you say that is a good price for it?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes - anything under $200 is a great price.

Comment

That Grandstream looks pretty nice. Is the phone basically an app that runs on the Android tablet or is is more hard coded than that?

With your setups are you able to call that phones extension and have it auto-answer on speakerphone so that you have hands free paging?

Comment

It's more the other way around.

An IP Phone that incorporates an android phone for controls (touchscreen) rather than a traditional hard-button interface.

You can program auto-answer / hand-free, etc.

Through your IP-PBX you can set-up ring groups, dial plans, etc.

You can push screens to the phone display and it runs HS3Touch very nicely.

Comment

Thank you JB.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by JB-dallas View Post
                  It's more the other way around.

An IP Phone that incorporates an android phone for controls (touchscreen) rather than a traditional hard-button interface.

You can program auto-answer / hand-free, etc.

Through your IP-PBX you can set-up ring groups, dial plans, etc.

You can push screens to the phone display and it runs HS3Touch very nicely.
                  This keeps getting better. Pushing screens makes it sound like it would integrate with something like Blue Iris or iSpy nicely.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Found it for around $170 something or another. Would you say that is a good price for it?
                  Pete: Care to share a link to that? Think I'd like to pick one of these up.

Comment

My current solution is having Cisco 7970's with freepbx/asterisk which allows for paging and intercom etc (including auto answer).

For the doorphone I have one of these:

http://www.koontech.com/Door_phone_knzd_42--246.html

Which is a SIP doorphone. So when someone rings, it triggers a ring group in freepbx/asterisk, calling all phones (with a custom doorbell ringtone).
                    Then when the person picks up the phone, they can open the door via DTMF (type in password/ press key on phone keypad)

It also has a camera. When the doorbell rings my program pushes a snapshot of the camera to the phones so you can see who is at the door. (or live feed to android devices).

It also has rfid and a keypad for regular entry.

Comment

Nucleus Intercom

This product looks nice. I emailed them and they said they do not currently have an API, but may in the future. They just came out and use a custom flavor of Android. Would be nice to be able to integrate their App with HS.

https://nucleuslife.com/pages/product?from=home

EDIT: It IS Alexa enabled though.

Comment

I am also thinking of replacing my analog PBX at some point but when I look at Grandstream and other IP based solutions it isn't clear how they handle some of the key features I currently depend on. For example:

1- Paging all phones at once to call people to dinner etc.

2- I currently use a loop detect relay on each extension that provides a dry contact input to HomeSeer to tell when that phone is off hook. This is used for things like muting the associated Sonos zone during a phone call without disrupting the music in other rooms.

3- Each incoming line has a different ring cadence so I can decide to pick up or ignore without having to go to a phone to see which line is ringing.

How would I implement each of these using an IP based phone system?

Comment

I've been looking at a HP Pavilion X2 for HSTouch integration, and was wondering if there would be some way to use the camera and Mic (I assume it has a Mic) for Intercom to another Room Upstairs. Would that be feasible?

Comment

Black Friday Sale on DoorBird - Save around $100

The Zwave Outlet is having a black Friday sale and you can save around $100 on DoorBird systems.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                              I am also thinking of replacing my analog PBX at some point but when I look at Grandstream and other IP based solutions it isn't clear how they handle some of the key features I currently depend on. For example:

1- Paging all phones at once to call people to dinner etc.

2- I currently use a loop detect relay on each extension that provides a dry contact input to HomeSeer to tell when that phone is off hook. This is used for things like muting the associated Sonos zone during a phone call without disrupting the music in other rooms.

3- Each incoming line has a different ring cadence so I can decide to pick up or ignore without having to go to a phone to see which line is ringing.

How would I implement each of these using an IP based phone system?
                              This is my thinking as well. It looks as though you'll need a VOIP server such as Trixbox running on the LAN to handle group paging. I guess this is the equivalent of a hardware PBX box but done in software.

I've searched and not found a decent Windows based SIP server that would be as robust as a Trixbox on Linux. I believe some exist but may be $$

One thing to consider is ring groups offered by the VOIP company. The VOIP service I have used (VOIP.MS) offers several features to simulate having a local server on your LAN and also allows you to assemble a menu driven voicemail system. The disadvantage is this it is administered in the cloud rather locally in house. If your WAN is down, so is your intercom. This will be the route I try for now.

I have not looked closely at this yet but there is an HS3 SIP plugin called SCSIP that might be a helper in this problem. It is worth a look. To install it you need to download a repository Smarter Control and follow their instructions. Their plugins are not available through the updater.

Regardless if you find some success please chime in here to share.

Comment

Working...
                              X