Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm experiencing a weird issue with the V3 of the skill which is driving me crazy:

I have 37 devices that were discovery initially by V3 (after forgeting all devices from V2) without any issues, then I started modifying events in order to be discovered as scenes on Alexa, everything goes well until I exceed 21 scenes on Alexa, for some reason for each scene exceeding 21 I will lose one device on Alexa; If I disable the event in Homeseer and rediscover, the scene goes away and I get one device back.

Have anyone experienced anything like this?

Any help with this would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Code; May 30, 2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Hello

Alexa Amazon Echo, Dot and Spot are released on 2018-06-13 In France

https://www.journaldugeek.com/2018/0...dot-echo-spot/

Many skills for Home, but not HOMESEER.....

Jean-francois.

Comment

Good evening

Amazon now delivers Echo speakers, EchoDot in France
        There is a lot of skill for home automation applications (Hue, Somfy, domoticz, and etc ....)

Even Yeelight has updated his skill in French, but not Homeseer.

Non-American users feel let down by Homeseer (America first .....)

Jean-francois.
        Last edited by jfla; June 15, 2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

+1
          Joel

Comment

Comment

Good Evening

Now, there is 48 Skill for Home Automation in French catalog, But NOT Homeseer.....

we can help you translate if needed

Skill Yeelight is now IN FRENCH.

Jean-Francois
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                Good Evening

Now, there is 48 Skill for Home Automation in French catalog, But NOT Homeseer.....

we can help you translate if needed

Skill Yeelight is now IN FRENCH.

Jean-Francois

It isnt as straight forward as just translating the skill, there is a lot more work involved. Posting this in different words every day wont necessarily help either... patience is the word.

Comment

I still cannot get the latest skill working in the UK. It discovers no devices. Has anyone else got this working in the UK? And can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot (are there logs? No log entries appear in homeseer) the problem is its a huge amount of work to delete my existing skill and put back in (recreating groups) every time I make an attempt to get the new skill working. Unless someone can confirm I can try the new skill and discover the devices without deleting the old skill first.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                    I have a zwave switch that was showing up in the v2 skill and now that I have upgraded to v3 the device doesn't show up. Attached is the configuration of the switch. I didn't have "Is Light" selected before, but I tried it and still no good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                    Did you get this working? I'm only now just catching up with this and I hit a similar issue.
                    The reason some of my devices weren't being discovered by Alexa was that I had no "Control Use" set on the Status Graphics tab - see attached...
                    Attached Files

Comment

No luck with Events . .

I'm using the Homeseer SmartHome Skill with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows). Devices are working perfectly, events not at all. I've added simple voice commands to my scenes. Deleted, reinstalled the skill and rediscovered devices several times.

Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by WAR View Post
                        I'm using the Homeseer SmartHome Skill with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows). Devices are working perfectly, events not at all. I've added simple voice commands to my scenes. Deleted, reinstalled the skill and rediscovered devices several times.

Any tips?

I'm in the same boat. I unlinked/deleted the skill and reinstalled per the instructions. Still won't discover scenes.

Comment

Any tips?
                          In the event options, have you ticked 'include as voice command' ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                            In the event options, have you ticked 'include as voice command' ?
                            No, I never noticed the "options" drop down before! Thanks for helping me. Can't wait to get home and try this out!
                            Last edited by WAR; July 2, 2018, 12:05 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction

Comment

No, I never noticed the "options" drop down before! Thanks for helping me. Can't wait to get home and try this out!

I think you might have to run the scene discovery again, but not sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                                I think you might have to run the scene discovery again, but not sure about that.

Ahh, didn't realize scene discovery was different than device discovery. I tried that and still got nothing. I have added text to the voice command field and checked the box for include as voice command. I've restarted Homeseer a couple of times as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X