Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Save and Auto Export Added to UPStart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Save and Auto Export Added to UPStart!

Just installed UPStart 4.5 Build 56 and noticed that it contains the features I request about 6 weeks ago. I talked with Brad at Simply Automated and suggested that they add Auto Save and Auto Export. Now no more nagging screen to save if you wish Auto Save and no more forgetting to export so that UPB Plug-In can read in changes. I was unable to find in the change log when this was added so it may have been sooner.

I will check what else may have been added...

Now if UPStart could provide an API that would allow the UPB Plug-In to make direct changes which would allow web configuration from a remote location .
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

No one thought these features to be nice additions?
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Great Adds!! Eliminates tiresome keyboarding and can be sure always in sync. Glad you requested the change and it is great that the StartUp folks are still making improvements to what was already best-in-class software for lighting control.

Comment

A few days ago I was checking a friends UPstart file and Homeseer started using his file instead of mine. In fact my file was saved with his settings. I had to recover my file using Network Discovery. That works ok but the names of links are not recovered.
        It was a bit of a process to get Homeseer to see the correct file, and I still do not have the links renamed yet. ( I now have a backup file just in case)
        Do not know if the auto save/export feature did this but it was sure a pain.
        Just want to suggest caution when looking at another UPStart file when running Homeseer.
        Dave

Comment

I could easily see how this could happen. Guess it illustrates how you need to be careful of what you ask for. If loading someone else's UPStart file, AutoExport should be disabled. Not sure how UPStart developers would add protection to prevent this.
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

I am really not sure it happened this way, I talked to Brad and he doesn't think so, and I do not want to test it. Just going to be careful.
            Dave

Comment

No one thought these features to be nice additions?
              That feature has been there since I started using UPB (well over a year ago, maybe two). Maybe you had an old version? Or maybe SA just put it in their version (I use the PCS version).

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

Working...
              X