ISY Insteon 1.0.2.31 RC10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bob,

sharks, eels, puffers and groupers. AWESOME!
    so does that mean the mode was fixed in 2.27 or will be in >2.27? cause its not working in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mbrett View Post
      Hi Bob,

sharks, eels, puffers and groupers. AWESOME!
      Cool!

so does that mean the mode was fixed in 2.27 or will be in >2.27? cause its not working in mine.
      I just fixed it this morning so it will be the next release. You should be able to change the mode using the thermostat control/status page, but not the regular status page with .27.

I am curious to see how things are working now with HST. I suspect that the mode still won't work there, but everything else should. If anything else isn't working, please bump up the log level, try again, and save off a log for me.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Hi Bob,

just got a chance to mess with HST and your plugin.

So neither details have changed. The "next fan mode", and the "next operating mode" DO NOT WORK.

I have attached the error log, from bottom up: first command issues with the fan, then the operating mode.
        Attached Files

Comment

a little mroe info:

for what ever its worth:

if I create an event in HS, and I select an ISY thermostat action, I can definitively set the thermo to a specific mode, "Heat", "Cool", "Off". however there is not a "cycle" or "next mode" from the drop down list. not sure if there should be or not..

so If you could give me a simple line of code, to set the mode from a script, I can create a script that would basically cycle through the modes based on its current setting.

I know you have given me the code to get a status, however I would like to set a mode. Also, is there an easy way to find out which thermo us which number (4,1) etc?

does that work?

Comment

I did find a bug in the thermostat API for setting fan mode. So I've been able to fix that. I'm trying to determine if that would cause problems with the mode setting when it is executed right after the failed fan command. I'll release a new build soon with the couple of fixes I've made.

It's pretty easy to cycle the mode via a script with a couple of caveats.

1) The thermostat API only specifies 4 modes, the Insteon thermostats have 7. I currently only handle the 4 modes (off, heat, cool, auto) in the plug-in. I could add the other 3 modes but I'm not sure if that would cause problems for other scripts/plug-ins.

2) The thermostat number is based on the order that the ISY sends the information to the plug-in. So this shouldn't change unless you start deleting and re-adding thermostats. It is possible to work around this by using the name, but that involves having the script create a name to number translation.

With that in mind, you could do something like this:

Code:
            Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

Dim isy As Object
            Dim mode As Integer

isy = hs.Plugin("ISY Insteon")

mode = isy.GetCurrentMode(1)
            mode = mode + 1
            if mode > 3 then
                mode = 0
            end if

isy.CmdSetMode(1, mode)

End Sub
            This is hard coded to use thermostat 1. To base it on name you could add

Code:
            Dim i As interger
            Dim use_thermostat as integer

for i = 1 to isy.NThermostats
                if isy.ThermName(i) = "Your Thermostat Name" then
                    use_thermostat = i
                end if
            Next

' Use the use_thermostat variable as the thermostat number for all
            ' thermostat commands
            This is untested code and I don't normally write visual basic code so it could have a bug/syntax error or two.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

OKay So I tried your script on a few diffrent therostats in my house, and I wind up in the same place. Regardless of what the starting mode is, it always changes the current mode to "cool" so if its "heat" or "off" it always changes to "cool".

I am hoping that you will be able to get the plugin working correctly so that we dont have to waste time on this, however if you see a fix in the plugin then let me know.

Just a quick question, do you have a venstar thermostat you are working with? or are you just coding without the device. If you dont have one, I would be willing to send you one of mine to trouble shoot your plugin with.

Comment

OKay Bob, just made a small change in your script, and got it working correctly. I changed the: "Dim mode As Integer" to "Dim mode As String"

I am not sure if this was an oversight on your part in this script or if it is a mistake in the API.. Either way, maybe this will help you work through other issues in the plugin as it relates to the Thermostats.

EDIT
                and Now I take the above statement back that only worked on ONE of my thermostats and not another one!! that is so weird as they are all the same with the same software revisions.

One More Edit....

Okay so the only thermo that works with the script modified with the "string" is thermo "1" all of the other devices go straight to "Cool" regardless of me using the "String" or "Integer" definition.

not sure if this helps at all.
                Last edited by mbrett; March 21, 2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I do have a Venstar thermostat installed, but thanks for the offer!

I'm not sure why the script didn't work for you. It is working fine for me cycling off, heat, cool, auto, off ....

The parameters to the API are suppose to be integer, VB does do a lot of automatic conversions between types, so it probably doesn't matter much, but it really should work with integers.

I am using a manually triggered event to run the script file. It might behave differently if used in-line. VB scripting is definitely not my strong suite.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

What happens with multiple thermostats is a little harder for me to test since I only have one. I can create a dummy thermostat device so I'll do that and see if I can reproduce what you're seeing.

Make sure you are calling the functions correctly. The format is:

GetCurrentMode([thermostat number])
                    CmdSetMode([thermostat number], [mode number])
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob,

One thing that I've noticed, is that when you go install your plug-in, there's an pop-under screen that occurs and the main install waits for you to hit the Okay button to complete the install. Could you configure the install to make that pop-up on top of the Install screen, since you have to move that window in order to answer the question and allow the Plug-in to continue its merry way?

Thanks,
                      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

1) I am running the script from an event.
                        2) I am using the EXACT same script and just changing the Thermostat number from "1" to "2" etc.. and it ONLY works with #1..

I had seen earlier on in one of your posts that you mentioned you were having issues with systems that had more than 1 thermo... Well, I guess this is one of them.

let me know if there is anything I can do in my side.

Comment

Todd,

If I knew how to force it I would. I have this entered in the bug database, and called out in the documentation. However, most of the time when I run the installer, that dialog box does show up on top.

So if anyone has any pointers on how to fix this in a Visual Studio install package, let me know.

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
                          Bob,

One thing that I've noticed, is that when you go install your plug-in, there's an pop-under screen that occurs and the main install waits for you to hit the Okay button to complete the install. Could you configure the install to make that pop-up on top of the Install screen, since you have to move that window in order to answer the question and allow the Plug-in to continue its merry way?

Thanks,
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Version 1.0.2.28 uploaded.

mbrett,

Try this version and see what it does when you use the script to cycle the mode. Even when I added a dummy thermostat, I had no problem cycling the mode of the 2nd thermostat. I did add a log message when the command is called so if it doesn't work, check the log and let me know what it says.

Todd,

See if this version does better with the option dialog box. I changed how it gets positioned on the screen. I'm hoping it isn't completely obscured now. It has been defined as "top most" window but maybe the dialog box for the installer is also defined that way too.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Technolgy Sin

I commited a mortal technology sin -- I updated the ISY plug in and the HS DSC plugin at the same time this weekend. At this point, my only use of HS is to interface the DSC alarm panel to the ISY. I have HS DSC plugin events that are triggered when the panel is armed and disarmed. Their action is to run an ISY program that is used as a flag on the ISY.

To shorten the story, this was not happening so I briefly looked at the HS events and noticed that when I selected their actions they would display an ISY thermostat action. I didn't have time to debug fully so I restored HS and all plugins to their state just before update.

I'm not sure which was causing issue -- ISY or DSC plugin. When I have time, I'll do a backup and just install new ISY plugin but wanted to give you heads up that something may be wrong and that since thermostat was listed and of course alot of your recent work has been in that area.

Comment

"2 hail homeseers and 3 Our ISY's" and your sins are forgiven!

Comment

Working...
                                X