Plugin Crashes Homeseer Pro - Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Crashes Homeseer Pro - Fixed

I installed this plugin and upon retarting Homeseer I got an error meassage that popped up when IE tried to load. Eventually the "homeseer not responding" Windows error message came up forcing me to quit the application. I had to remove the ezflora plugin completely to get Homeseer to start back up again. Anyone else having this probem?

Thanks

Originally posted by gregtee View Post
    I installed this plugin and upon retarting Homeseer I got an error meassage that popped up when IE tried to load. Eventually the "homeseer not responding" Windows error message came up forcing me to quit the application. I had to remove the ezflora plugin completely to get Homeseer to start back up again. Anyone else having this probem?

Thanks
    gregtee,

What version of HomeSeer and of the Insteon Plugin are you running. Can you post the HomeSeer logfile so I can see where the issue is occuring? Also, can you post the contents of your EZFlora.ini file?

Thanks,

Adam

Comment

I was able to install it and turn it on. HS came up and and I could go to the plugin config page. I didn't add the devices to the ini file yet. I am using HS .23
      Paul

Comment

I'm running v 1.0.0.0 of the Ezflora plugin. Other info below:

Here's the info from the crash log:

11/24/2011 3:30:01 PM
        Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'ExtDev_RegisterExternalDeviceSupport' accepts this number of arguments.
        HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.44
        Source: Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Target: Method ResolveOverloadedCall(System.String, System.Reflection.MemberInfo[], System.Object[], System.String[], System.Type[], System.Reflection.BindingFlags, Boolean, ResolutionFailure ByRef)
        Stack trace:
        at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.OverloadResolution.Re solveOverloadedCall(String MethodName, MemberInfo[] Members, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, BindingFlags LookupFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
        at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.Resolv eCall(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, MemberInfo[] Members, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, BindingFlags LookupFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
        at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMe thod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
        at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
        at HSPI_EZFLORA.HSPI.AppStarting()
        at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
        at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
        at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

Comment

As to specify what I was doing at the time of the crash, it was as follows,

I installed the plugin, all went smoothly. I restarted Homeseer, and upon enabling the plugin HS informed me the the Web Server stopped working. At that point the HS application froze and a dialogue box went up with the above info in it.

Hope this is enough to go on.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Comment

gregtee,

What version of the mnsandler Insteon plugin are you running? It looks like the plugin is failing because the Insteon plugin is not handling the device registration request properly. The EZFlora plugin was tested with version 1.5.6 of the Insteon plugin.

Adam
            Last edited by hurry4it; November 26, 2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Looks like I'm using 1.1.52.1 of the insteon plugin. Where can I find the latest one? According to the updater I'm running the latest.

Thanks again.

Greg.

Comment

Also it appears that I'm running a PLC insteon interface and not a PLM. The insteon plugin version you're running would seem to suggest that you're running a PLM. If so what's the difference between the two?

Comment

The plugin that this was tested with is available at: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=149818

I am not sure exactly what the difference between the PLM and PLC, but you can check over in the Insteon PLM forum or check with MNSandler.

Adam

Comment

I've updated to the PLM and everything seems to be working. I can get the plugin working however I get this error when I initialize it:

11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - Plug-In - Interface EZFlora is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Register callback completed
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: EZFlora
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]1
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]12
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]15
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]2
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]9
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]11
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]6
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]10
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]4
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]3
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]8
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]5
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]14
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]13
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - EZFlora - Found a plug-in device at ]7
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in EZFlora
                    11/29/2011 5:35:59 PM - Insteon - Error: An attempt was made to initialize an external Insteon device ID# 19.AA.F7. This device is already supported within the plug-in itself. The request was denied.

Any idea what this is?

Thanks

Greg

Comment

Greg-

Were you running a script to get to your ezfloras in your old configuration? ...or...
                      Did you use the insteon plugin to to add your ezflora as a device?

Neither one of these things should be be true, the plugin is registering it for you in its ini file.

Paul
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                        Greg-

Were you running a script to get to your ezfloras in your old configuration? ...or...
                        Did you use the insteon plugin to to add your ezflora as a device?

Neither one of these things should be be true, the plugin is registering it for you in its ini file.

Paul

I used the insteon plugin to register the device. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in that regard. I assumed I had to register the ezflora to my network like any other device. Should I remove it and start over?

Comment

That's what's going on. Delete it in the Insteon Plugin, restart HS and you should be fine

Adam's plugin is "plugging in" to the insteon plugin as well as HomeSeer. When you type the insteon ID into the ini file for the ezflora pluing, that's where the registration occurs. That error message is actually coming from the insteon plugin because it has that address registered internally also.

The Ezxxxx devices are very different than other insteon devices. As such their special features have not been included in the Insteon plugin natively. Adam is filling that void.

Paul
                          Paul

Comment

Awesome. Thanks I'll give that a shot.

Greg.

Comment

Paul is correct. The plugin has to register the EZFlora device otherwise any communication with the EZFlora with the Insteon plugin will not be forwarded to the EZFlora plugin. If the EZFlora is registered with the Insteon plugin directly, it will cause errors and prevent the EZFlora plugin from working correctly. I will update the instructions to include Paul's suggestions.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X