HS3 Pro missing events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Pro missing events

I cannot get HS3 to consistently execute actions based on events. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

For example, I have HS3 configured to turn on lights in the office when motion is detected. Motion detection is done by an Aeotec Multisensor and light control is done by a Leviton Vizia RF dimmer.

Example 1: Motion is detected by the sensor, event trigger is logged, device control action is executed, Z-wave command is issued:

Jan-17 17:14:31 Z-Wave Device: Level 5: 3rd Floor Office Ceiling Light Set to 99
    Jan-17 17:14:31 Device Control Device: Level 5: 3rd Floor Office Ceiling Light to On (99)
    Jan-17 17:14:31 Event Event Trigger "Activate Lights on Motion Detection Motion Event"
    Jan-17 17:14:31 Z-Wave Device: Level 5: 3rd Floor Office Aeon Labs Multisensor Motion Set to On/Open/Motion

Example 2: Motion is detected by the sensor, but nothing else happens:

Jan-17 17:29:55 Z-Wave Device: Level 5: 3rd Floor Office Aeon Labs Multisensor Motion Set to On/Open/Motion

No configuration changes are made between Example 1 and Example 2. It stops and starts working randomly.

Can anyone suggest anything before I open a ticket with HS support?

Just a thought - I don't know if it would log this, but do you have a "Cannot re-run for x days/hours/minutes" option set for this event ?
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
      Just a thought - I don't know if it would log this, but do you have a "Cannot re-run for x days/hours/minutes" option set for this event ?
      No I do not

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running? How exactly is this event constructed?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          What version of HS3 are you running? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running? How exactly is this event constructed?
          +1 for all the above information. A screenshot of the event wold be very helpful.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.152 (Windows)

Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.0.150

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              +1 for all the above information. A screenshot of the event wold be very helpful.
              Here is a screenshot
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ek1 View Post
                Here is a screenshot
                Not to belabor the obvious, but when the event doesn't run are you sure it is below 10 lux at the sensor? The reason I ask, is that in the year I have been using HS3 I have never had an event fail to run due to a fault in HS3's event engine, it has always been due to something wrong in the logic of the event.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Not to belabor the obvious, but when the event doesn't run are you sure it is below 10 lux at the sensor? The reason I ask, is that in the year I have been using HS3 I have never had an event fail to run due to a fault in HS3's event engine, it has always been due to something wrong in the logic of the event.
                  I have many events using Aeotec sensors that are almost identical to this. I have my lux trigger level in the 200-400 range depending on the situation. My outdoor sensor picks up 40-50 lux with the outdoor lights off, so I also suspect that the 10 lux level is too low a threshold.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Guys, thanks for all the responses. The culprit is most likely the light level condition that I had in the trigger. I removed it for testing purposes and so far things have been working. There is probably something wrong with the sensor because at times I had the condition set to less than 100 lux and thats very low light (and it still did not fire).

I'll keep experimenting with this.

Comment

Working...
                    X