No announcement yet.

Z-Net turning lights on/off by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never seen the "only one system at a time..." message. Curious about this one.

Seeing a similar message here with the wired Ethernet connected Omni Plugin...wrote about it here...never see any disconnects though

OMNI Plugin v3.0.2.8 - duplicate link on startup

Apr-28 7:28:07 AM Startup
    Apr-28 7:28:07 AM Startup ************************************************************ ********************
    Apr-28 7:28:07 AM Startup HomeSeer version 3.0.0.435 Edition: HS3 Pro Starting Now
    Apr-28 7:28:07 AM Startup ************************************************************ ********************
    Apr-28 7:28:07 AM Startup
    Apr-28 7:28:07 AM Startup Creating Class Objects...
    Apr-28 7:28:07 AM Startup Checking for available plug-ins
    Apr-28 7:28:07 AM Plug-In Found plug-in: OMNI, version: 3.0.2.8
    Apr-28 7:28:08 AM Startup Initializing Plug-Ins
    Apr-28 7:28:08 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in OMNI
    Apr-28 7:28:08 AM Info Plugin OMNI has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:55918
    Apr-28 7:28:09 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin OMNI ...
    Apr-28 7:28:09 AM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of OMNI. Plugin: OMNI Instance:
    Apr-28 7:28:11 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin OMNI started successfully in 2060 milliseconds

I have not paid attention to log Warning and only now it's come up recently with last version of Homeseer 3.

I do have two Omni Plugins running on two Homeseer 3 boxes doing different things here...and the Omni Plugin is a two way connection.

For the ZWave dot me GPIO card only using one sertonet to one Homeseer box here...enabled the HS3 ZWave plugins on both boxes once and it disconnected the plugin instance(s). Here with an earlier version of the ZWave plugin / HS3 a disconnect of the serial Z-Wave Ethernet connection would cause HS3 to debend. This also happened when I put the old ZTroller on Ethernet via the Quatech box with Homeseer 2 and disconnected it testing...

Would the disconnect cause random on and off stuff?
    Last edited by Pete; May 3, 2018, 06:58 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Decided to give a try to shutting off the USB connected touchscreens locally and remotely enabling. Initially downloaded devcon and then found an easier way to do this using Nirsoft stuff.

1 - Download Nirsoft USB Device View

Run the Nirsoft USB dev view program to find the USB driver for your touchscreen (if using a USB driver for touch).

[ATTACH]68545[/ATTACH]

2 - write a batch file connected to a touch off button on your screen or utilize Jon00's remote utility to send the following command to your touchscreen.

USBDeview.exe
      Host Name: ICS-Jog-XPE-05
      VendorID: 04b4
      ProductID: 1974

Tested via VNC

Disable touch

USBDeview.exe /disable_by_pid {\\RemoteComputer} <VendorID;ProductID>

USBDeview.exe /disable_by_pid \\ICS-Jog-XPE-05 04b4;1974

C:\Documents and Settings\joggler>USBDeview.exe /disable_by_pid \\ICS-Jog-XPE-05 04b4;1974

Turned off touch. Mouse pointer is flickering. Typically leave the mouse icon on when using touch. HSTouch options - check hide mouse pointer

Enable touch

USBDeview.exe /enable_by_pid {\\RemoteComputer} <VendorID;ProductID>

USBDeview.exe /enable_by_pid \\ICS-Jog-XPE-05 04b4;1974

Turned on Touch.
      First nothing funny happened overnight and I had unplugged the touch panel. The touch panel is new and didn't require a special driver. I think it may be the culprit. I can't do testing right now, since we have house guests and don't want them to think the house is haunted.

I will start another thread in the appropriate place later. For now, going to work on the Z-Net issue.

Comment

Here had one of the Jogglers being too sensitive to touch where as I would watch the cursor move many times without touching the screen. I did a alignment stuff a few times and it never did fix that piece. Yesterday when enabling the touch in testing the cursor happened to be sitting over a button to switch to another screen and it Homeseer touch did change screens.

All of my newer and larger multitouch wide screen openframe monitors here used USB drivers which is different from my older touchscreens that used serial ports way long time ago.

@Barry is the touchscreen mentioned above running Windows Homeseer Touch? What flavor of Windows? ELO / Planar / touch OS?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          At the risk of veering back on topic - there is something abnormal going on in the log in post #1.

Code:
          Apr-30 3:14:59 AM         Z-Wave    Z-Net: Controller firmware version: 4.32
          Apr-30 3:14:59 AM         Z-Wave    Z-Net: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
          Apr-30 3:14:57 AM         Z-Wave    Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
          Apr-30 3:14:57 AM         Z-Wave    Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.5, connected to interface ok.
          Apr-30 3:14:52 AM         Z-Wave Warning    Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.5...
          Apr-30 3:14:52 AM         Z-Wave    Note: Only one system may connect to an  Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your  Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
          Apr-30 3:14:40 AM         Z-Wave    Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
          Apr-30 3:14:40 AM         Z-Wave    Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.5, connected to interface ok.
          Apr-30 3:14:35 AM         Z-Wave Warning    Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.5...
          Apr-30 3:14:35 AM         Z-Wave    Note: Only one system may connect to an  Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your  Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
          Apr-30 3:14:10 AM         Z-Wave    Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
          Apr-30 3:14:10 AM         Z-Wave    Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.5, connected to interface ok.
          Apr-30 3:14:10 AM         Z-Wave Error    Z-Net: Exception transmitting to IP  192.168.1.5: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An  existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
          "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
          This means that the TCP connection from the z-wave plugin to the ser2net server on the z-net dropped. This doesn't happen under normal circumstances.
          Likely culprits might be
          • Link issues - is this a wireless link by chance?

• Z-net reboot - what is the power source? UPS, etc?

"Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time..." 12-25 seconds after the (normal) "Getting node information from controller..."
          repeats twice as reconnects are attempted. ~45 seconds later, finally connects (revealing that the z-wave controller is an Express Controls EZZee, the GPIO daughter card used in the US Z-Net).

I have never seen the "only one system at a time..." message. Curious about this one.

Comment

Do you know the version and revision of the z-net? You can read that on the web configuration page.

If you can ssh into the unit, the command 'uptime' will tell you how long its been running since reboot.

$ uptime
            07:43:49 up 235 days, 7:46, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I bet I have you beat! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
              Do you know the version and revision of the z-net? You can read that on the web configuration page.

If you can ssh into the unit, the command 'uptime' will tell you how long its been running since reboot.

$ uptime
              07:43:49 up 235 days, 7:46, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I bet I have you beat! ;-)
              Z-NET V2 Configuration - Version 1.0.23

I did a reboot a couple of days ago. No doubt you win.

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                Z-NET V2 Configuration - Version 1.0.23

I did a reboot a couple of days ago. No doubt you win.
                If you can login and check the uptime, you can calculate if it has rebooted since you rebooted manually.

Another thing you could do is to run a ping on it for awhile to see if the connection is stable.

If your HS server is on Windows, on the server open a cmd window and run command
                ping -t <ip address of z-net>

If the server is Linux, login to it and run
                ping <ip address of z-net>

Let it run awhile then Ctrl-C and check the statistics for dropped packets.

Comment

Uptime -

pi@Z-Net:~ $ uptime
                  13:08:40 up 3 days, 18:26, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.00
                  pi@Z-Net:~ $

That appears to be correct.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.5:
                  Packets: Sent = 140, Received = 140, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
                  Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
                  Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 1ms

Comment

Maybe let the ping run, then check it after one of the disconnect events.

Comment

The "ghost" triggers have not reoccurred since I unplugged the touch panel. I have contacted the dealer and he is having me do test and will replace the panel if I want.

I've been traveling and haven't been able to track the Z-Net disconnect, but will get back to testing it.

Barry

Comment

The touch panel has been returned. The Z-Net issue continues. I have physically move the device to a new location. It is now plugged in to a UPS and a new switch. I've updated to the latest Z-wave beta.

I will resume the ping test, but believe there may be a hardware issue.

Suggestions for additional actions?

Barry
                        Attached Files

Comment

I did some testing using a spare raspi and UZB controller an found a couple things.

First, there are two different error messages that the plugin will generate as a result of various connection interruptions.

This appears when the z-net is powered down, rebooted, the UZB is pulled out while it's running, or the controlling process on the raspi (ser2net) is forced to drop the connection. It implies the abort occurred at the local end.
                          Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.119: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
                          This appears if the Ethernet is disconnected. It implies the abort occurred at the remote end. This is the one you are getting.
                          Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.119: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                          (Note that the messages aren't necessarily accurate - the condition where ser2net is forced to drop the connection clearly should be "forcibly closed by the remote host" but it isn't. If I had to guess, I'd wager that the first is reported when an error is returned by one of the TCP socket read/write calls and the second upon timeout of an expected response).

Second, the "Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time..." message apparently is a recent addition to the zwave plugin. It occurs when the plugin tries to reconnect, but the z-net thinks the previous connection is still active. This message was not present during extensive testing I did in the past but I see it now in a z-net like setup. (I don't get this message normally now because I'm running a newer version of ser2net which provides a better method of error recovery).

All that said, I'd suggest you continue to look for network issues.

Comment

Thank you for the great explanation. I have been so focused on the Z-Net messages that I have ignored other network related messages in the log. I have a couple of RPis running HSTouch and they too have had disconnects. Also an Arduino unit with Ethernet issues.

I have multiple hardware devices that could be causing the problem. All have been in place for several years. The newest are the cable modem and a Linksys four port router. Individual room outlets are home run to a patch panel. I have a very old 18 port switch, that may be the problem. I will first see if the Z-net is attached to the switch or router. If the it is going through the switch, I'll move it to one of the router ports.

Does that sound like a reasonable approach?

Comment

Yes that is a great approach. Move things around and see if the problem follows a particular piece.

Comment

The Z-Net is plugged into the router, not the switch. The switch is plugged into the router and the router is plugged into the cable modem. I suspect the router at this point.

If I can figure out the how to access the cable modem, I could move the network there. However, in place of trying to deal with Comcast, I may pickup another router.

Comment

Working...
                                X