No announcement yet.

!!! JUNK !!! (***SOLVED***)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer either needs to hire a good technical writer or farm out the job. In face there may even be some on this board that have done technical writing that might be willing to do the job either for money, barter or both.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

You got it! I saw that you joined here a year or 2 ago...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
        You got it! I saw that you joined here a year or 2 ago...
        Just over a year, got my ZeeS2 in may and upgraded to HS3Standard about a week ago running on a RPI under Raspbian GNU/Linux 9.4 (stretch).
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Beta Build with DB changes

Rich posted a beta yesterday that included a change in how often data is written to the database.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            Rich posted a beta yesterday that included a change in how often data is written to the database.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241
            Yes, I installed it yesterday. When I have time I will repeat my tests to see if anything changed.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Not True (I've been in HA 30+ years ,, those days there was nothing but X10..) My HS2 system is still running today ,, read above , My hs2 system is a buggy Dell box..

Worked with thousand of software packages (Including multi million dollar LIMS , ACAD , MCAD , MANMAN , NETWORK, 123 , OFFICE , BASIC the list goes on and on..) never have I worked with a piece of software that restarts itself after a clean shutdown !!

Most are more stable than HS3 is today....

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
              Homeseer is NOT for newbies! Homeseer is NOT professional software (straight from the main devs mouth), Homeseer is buggy at times, Homeseer is the (combine all the following), BEST, MOST DIVERSE, CONFIGURABLE, home automation software out there.

Trust me! I have used literally EVERY home automation software / hardware system over the last 10 years in an attempt to find Nirvana...there is NO SUCH THING.

Some are BETTER, but may cost $100,000, some are more stable, but you are locked into their hardware and limited devices, some are less expensive, but don't work well at all...
              Last edited by dem5867; June 9, 2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I don't think the dual nice has been fixed (Or at lease correctly..) I had to move the devices on my second NIC / Router because my Insteon hub has been disconnecting every couple of hours,, now that I moved it to NIC 1 and deleted NIC 2 the Insteon hub has not disconnected in over 24+ hours..

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                Wow, I have to say you must be the luckiest man in the world. I can 100% guarantee a corrupted HS3 db after the 2nd attempt on my system.

When HSSentry was not seeing HS on the correct adapter (before we had a solution for multiple adapters) and would kill HS3, the db corrupted every single time, it was a 1 to 1 corruption cycle.

Comment

The power company bailed the other day ,, yet I did turn off the write caching for the SSD now the system is running as slow as some XTs I used , not a 4 core AMD..

My DB still appears to have issues some devices got lost and now that I put them back my events list those devices as ID doesn't exist...

After removing the second NIC , I'm now getting this error with the updater,, "Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.",, Anybody know how to cure this issue ???

Comment

So you agree...buggy?! And don't tell me all programs have this issue...because they don't.

Comment

Click Bait

The whole thread designed to generate conversation - likely started by a HS shill. Participants have too much time on their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                        The whole thread designed to generate conversation - likely started by a HS shill. Participants have too much time on their hands.
                        A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. ...

You're kidding right? You think we started the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                          A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. ...

That comment made me chuckle as well.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

A shill ...
                            Perhaps he meant 'troll'?
                            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Well I was going to change it almost immediately - but the thread instantly became "locked" or I would have.

Now if you want to know what I was going to change it to - its another story. Probably I would have just deleted it since it really isn't my nature to speak like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                                HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3
                                Mike - just noticed your signature. A lot of that stuff was "current" when I started with HS back in '04. Funny how fast things change.

Comment

Working...
                                X