Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to drive HS3 from external VBScript??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to drive HS3 from external VBScript??

In HS2, I would do something like this:

Function DoDevice(zUnit,zValue,zValue2,zValue3)
    Dim hs

Set hs=CreateObject("HomeSeer.application")
    If hs is Nothing Then
    Msgbox "Error: Homeseer did not initiaize!"
    DoDevice = False
    Else

hs.ExecX10 zUnit,zValue,zValue2,zValue3

Set hs = Nothing
    DoDevice = True
    End If
    End Function

Note the CreateObject. What is the name for HS3?? Note that for the time being, I'm running both HS2 and HS3 on the same box.

Thanks!

Tahl

This may help.

https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1196895
    Don

Comment

Hi @don,

Thanks for the reference.

I'm trying to understand the model being assumed. It appears from the forum entries that the way to communicate with the HS3 is by talking to a scaled-down plug-in sort of thing. True? I'm having some difficulty getting it.

Does HS3 have a COM interface? Or a REST (i.e., a web) interface? I'd really like to use VBScript in the case of the former or CURL in the case of the latter. (I'd hate to use IFTTT, because it is not reliable, but I can if I must.)

I'm surprised that I cannot much information on how to talk to HS3 from the outside.

Thanks!
      Tahl

Comment

Tahl:

There are many on this forum that are more adept than I am, but the sample I pointed you to is a stripped version from the HS API. There is a REST plugin
        available, if you would like to use that.

The docs for all this stuff are all over the place, but here is something for the REST plugin

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...61#post1089161

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by tahl View Post
        Hi @don,

Thanks for the reference.

I'm trying to understand the model being assumed. It appears from the forum entries that the way to communicate with the HS3 is by talking to a scaled-down plug-in sort of thing. True? I'm having some difficulty getting it.

Does HS3 have a COM interface? Or a REST (i.e., a web) interface? I'd really like to use VBScript in the case of the former or CURL in the case of the latter. (I'd hate to use IFTTT, because it is not reliable, but I can if I must.)

I'm surprised that I cannot much information on how to talk to HS3 from the outside.

Thanks!
        Tahl
        Don

Comment

@Don,

Works great. Just what I needed!

Looks from the thread you tried this in HS2 as well. I tried it there as well to no avail. I know a few things changed....

All the best,
          Tahl

Comment

Great. Glad it worked for you.
            Don

Comment

Working...
            X