• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tellstick

Hi there

Can anybody tell me where i can download the tellstick plugin please

Thanks in advance

Edd

Do a board search - there isn't one that I can find.

~Bill

Comment

What is a tellstick?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I had a little google of it, it does look a interesting device...but I can't think i've seen anything mentioning that it will work in HS unfortunately.

There looks to be a .net library for it (http://labs.leven.se/Projects/TellStickNET.htm) so can't see it being that hard to get talking to HS if you wanted to write a script.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          What is a tellstick?
          Looks like a 433mHz transmitter that allows a PC to talk to these receivers from these companies: Proove, Nexa, IKEA, CoCo, Bye bye standby, Elro, Sartano, DIY, Waveman

http://www.telldus.se/products_TS001.html

I've not seen any previous mention of this device here on the board, so I have to assume that there is not a plugin for it (and we all know what happens when we assume!)
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Hi there, thank you for your responses. I found this on the forums and have sent Moskus a message so hopefully things may move forward

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138359

Comment

Perhaps you should consider the RFXCOM USB/LAN interface. The transmitter will control many brands of 433 MHz devices and uses CSMA-CA technics to avoid RF collisions. With RFXCOM you can add receivers whilst the Homeseer plug-in delivers many additional functionalities.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik_C View Post
                Perhaps you should consider the RFXCOM USB/LAN interface.
                That's what I would recommend!

The Tellstick has a poor transmitter compared to a RFXCOM transmitter, and the RFXCOM transmitter is not that more expensive. The RFXCOM plugin is also lightyears ahead of the Tellstick plugin (and it's still developed). The RFXCOM transmitter also supports more "usable" devices than the TellStick, and the developer, Bert, may be able to add new devices without much trouble.

The only thing good about the Tellstick is the price. The plugin is no longer in development because the author sadly lost the source code in a harddrive failure, I've used Reflector on it but it's not easy to continue development...

If you still would like to try the plugin, send me an email. I'll have to clear it with the author first, I wouldn't like my own beta versions floating about without my knowledge...
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

May have to look into getting a rfxcom

Ive got this but dont know how to use it

http://www.telldus.se/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4721#4721

What rfxcom do people suggest to get please

Edd

Comment

Originally posted by shed2000 View Post
                    Ive got this but dont know how to use it
                    http://www.telldus.se/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4721#4721
                    That's because it's not a plugin or script for HomeSeer...

Originally posted by shed2000 View Post
                    What rfxcom do people suggest to get please
                    It really depends on what you want to do! If you want a cheap "substitue" for the TellStick you only need a simple 433 MHz transmitter in an USB box.

However, with RFXCOM you have many more options. I have a LAN-box with both a 433 MHz receiver and transmitter in it, and an USB-box with a 311 MHz receiver.
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Tony, if this is not OK with you, please give me a hint!!

Here's the Tellstick-plugin for HomeSeer. Please not that you have to add all devices that you want to control in the Telldus Center before you can (using the plugin) transfer them to HomeSeer.

And there's also a (big) limitation. As far as I know, you can't dim the devices...

Stop HomeSeer, extract all files to your HS directory, restart HomeSeer. Remember to enable the plugin under Setup -> Interfaces.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Moskus; May 10, 2010, 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Really appreciate this. thank you very much

Comment

Tellstick

Hi

I know this is an old post but i am very interested in a plugin to tellstick.
                          I have tried the plugin that was posted but i can not get it to work.
                          The plugin installs without problem but then i try to copy my devices to HS it say "Could not find tellstick software".
                          The tellstick software is installed and works without problem.
                          I am running the newest version of HS and Win7 64x.
                          Is the plugin to old ?
                          Can somebody help me ?

Best regards

Comment

The Tellstick plugin is at best considered as "beta", and since the source is lost, it will never get updated.

Look into RFXCOM instead.

Comment

Working...
                            X