Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Failure

Unable to install 1.1.4246.36067 over 1.1.4163.35617
    Error message: Unable to install because a new version of this product is already installed.
    What is the best way to proceed?

Does this plugin have an entry in the add/remove programs or Programs and Features control panel applet? If so remove the old version and then install the new one.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hello Franklnc. It appears I may have typoed an update which caused this issue. Please backup the database in \HomeSeer HS2\data\UltraCID, then uninstall the application, then reinstall it. Once re-installed, simply copy the backup database to \HomeSeer HS2\data\UltraCID.

If you see multiple copies of UltraCID in add/remove programs, simply uninstall all of them before attempting to re-install. If an uninstall fails, you can right-click it and click repair, then once that finishes you can uninstall it.

Sorry for all the trouble.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Hello Franklnc. It appears I may have typoed an update which caused this issue. Please backup the database in \HomeSeer HS2\data\UltraCID, then uninstall the application, then reinstall it. Once re-installed, simply copy the backup database to \HomeSeer HS2\data\UltraCID.

If you see multiple copies of UltraCID in add/remove programs, simply uninstall all of them before attempting to re-install. If an uninstall fails, you can right-click it and click repair, then once that finishes you can uninstall it.

Sorry for all the trouble.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Cleaned out all the old versions of all my Ultra Plug-Ins. Had to hack some entries out of the registry to get it to finally update. All is good now. Thanks.

Comment

nice.

I wish I had seen this before I started "fixing" it myself. I uninstalled all the prior copies of ultraCID just fine but didn't back up the database. When i reinstalled the new version, all my old call records from about a year were gone.

You may want to adjust the uninstall routine to leave the database intact, or to give an option to remove or leave it.

Comment

Working...
          X