This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using both Hub and PLM

I have the plug working just fine on HS3 on my linux box. I would like to connect some devices in my wood shop that is 200 feet away. I think (though I haven't tried) that it is out of range of the RF part of insteon.

However, I do have an ethernet cable running to the shop and could use an insteon ethernet hub to connect those devices.

Can this plugin use both the USB plm module to connect to the devices in my home and the hub to connect those devices in my shop?

thanks

the plugin does not support two interfaces.

does your shop have power? have you tried plugging in a module to see if the house can see/register the module? sometimes you just have to try as each environment is different.

a pair of range extenders (2992-222) might work if you can set them up for line of sight
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X