rfxcom and cheap 12-24 volt motorized window shade solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rfxcom and cheap 12-24 volt motorized window shade solution

I had this in another thread. But I have a cheap window shade solution somebody may be interested in someday for less than $100 per window.

I've been thinking and looking at a blind solution for a couple of years. The bali blinds are very nice, but a little more than I wanted to spend at around $275 per window (times 9 windows). I have ordered a rfxcom and one of the cheap 12-24 volt motor shades from amazon to try out. there is a guy in the question/reviews that said he got the rfx to see them as a rollertrol device. I will let you know how it goes. I have already received the motor but I am waiting for the rfx to show up. should be here by the end of the week.

this is a link to the motor....
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the update'

The bad news is, I received the motor, and the motor was dead. However, the good news is I was able to see the remote "ack" in the rfxcom manager software , and the motor gave me a response beep as it was suppose to (as rollertrol) ... so it looks like this will work. that said, I have shipped back the motor for a replacement. I am 99% sure this will work to build my own shades. you can buy black out vinyl material on amazon fairly cheap. so I might end up with $65 -$100 per window in the end.

vinyl material.... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9H7H6O...ing=UTF8&psc=1

update 2...I got the new motor and remote...these cheap 12 volt shade motors connect easily to rfxcom. use rollertrol type 2 firmware in the rfxcom install the plugin, learn the remote code and off you go. You can easily build window shades for under a $100. common windows should only be in total (motor, rod, fabric) around $60. my biggest window is 95" wide and it will still cost under $100

Is there a reason you flashed the type 2 firmware?
    This looks like an ideal DIY project.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
      Is there a reason you flashed the type 2 firmware?
      This looks like an ideal DIY project.

per the manual....it is required for the rollertrol type rf signals I believe.

Comment

Type2 firmware has an option to receive the Rollertrol R-series remote so that you can receive the Rollertrol remote and use the received ID and Unit code in the RFXCOM plug-in to control the motor with same code as the remote. You can also add the Homeseer device as an additional remote in the motor and use a random ID and Unit code.

After you have received the Rollertrol code you can flash any other firmware if required.
        Disable BlindsT0 now in the receiver otherwise all other protocols are not received and select the protocols you need to receive but not all.
        See the RFXtrx User Guide chapter 2.2.2 for the Rollertrol and chapter 2.4 for the receive protocol options.

Comment

Working...
        X