This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some devices fail to update HS3

I have about 40 Insteon devices, ever since I switched to Insteon Hub, some devices don't always update their status on HS3.

if a device is turned on or off physically, the status remains the last status. it's very random.

once i poll all devices, the status are correct.

what should i do about this?

Thanks

please enable detailed logging in the plugin, control a device that's not updating, and see if there is anything is captured in the hs log from the device.

check for noise electronic devices (UPSs, adapters, etc) that are plugged into the same outlet or circuit as the Hub
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      please enable detailed logging in the plugin, control a device that's not updating, and see if there is anything is captured in the hs log from the device.

check for noise electronic devices (UPSs, adapters, etc) that are plugged into the same outlet or circuit as the Hub
      HS log reports there's an error log, here i have the latest error log on dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeyik7nzu3...eport.Log?dl=0

I do have several UPSs in the house, 1 for my desktop, 1 for the HS and NVR.

also the door sensor is also failing to update quite often, it less than 1 meter from the nearest Insteon(there are 4) devices. the status still shows the door is open.

Comment

try a 'reset and reprogram' on your Hub. maybe some of the device links are missing.

the error log was generated because device 17 sent a grp 11 broadcast. its just a one time bad message. no need to worry
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X