Question regarding when using with Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding when using with Alexa

When using harmony hub with Alexa and homeseer do you have to say Alexa tell harmony to turn on tv or Alexa tell harmony to turn on DVD player. or can you simply say Alexa turn on tv.

Alexa can control harmony directly using either method. (Alexa turn on tv, or Alexa tell harmony to turn on tv). Homeseer is not involved. I guess you could use homeseer in the 'alexa turn on tv' case if you want.

The homeseer harmony plugin is nice if you want homeseer to mess with the tv or DVD for some reason, or to do more complex control than you can do directly using harmony/Alexa. For example a whole house 'goodnight' event could shut off the tv, along with all the lights.

Comment

Helo

My confusion is around how do you create an activity on remote for homeeer devices such as lightning activities. I have harmony plugin but it only discovers my IR devices. I do not have any of the supported lights that are under Home control for harmony. I have Cooper RF/zwave lights and zwave thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
        My confusion is around how do you create an activity on remote for homeeer devices such as lightning activities. I have harmony plugin but it only discovers my IR devices. I do not have any of the supported lights that are under Home control for harmony. I have Cooper RF/zwave lights and zwave thermostat.
        I have no idea how to control lighting devices with harmony. You can control homeseer lighting devices directly with Alexa, without harmony being involved. I don't know how to send remote commands from harmony to homeseer.

Comment

Working...
        X