GoControl Irrigation Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl Irrigation Controller

I picked up the GoControl W115VZ-1 from HomeSeer. The description indicated it was compatible with all HomeSeer hubs. I find it loads as a single Binary Switch. The troubleshooting chart states this is an indication a software update is required on the HUB. I have a Home Troller HS3 ZEE S2 with revision 3.0.0.297 loaded. I have found no plugins on the Home Seer site. Doe anyone know what software is needed to make this controller work and where to get it?

What version of the z wave plug in?

Comment

Well, my posts are not showing up.

After a reset of the GoControl Unit, removal from HS, and then re-add, everything looks VERY good!

Full control and schedule of the controller!

Make sure the ZWave Plugin version is 3.0.1.95 first!

Regards,

~TJ

Comment

Does anyone know if these devices look correct? Seems like there should be more devices? How do you change the run times for each zone? Any other info would be great.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't have this device, but I'm guessing that what you're seeing is correct. Many residential-oriented irrigation controllers only permit one valve to be on at any given time. The way that GoControl ensures this it appears is to have just one valve device controlling all the valves. Otherwise, you could turn more than one valve on at the same time (in theory), which I'm guessing their power supply isn't up to the task of handling (among other reasons).

Comment

Thank Mikedr. I totally understand your point. Based on the user manual, just seems like we should be able to send it a schedule or at least customize number of min per zone instead of the fixed numbers.

I adjust my run times daily per zone based off of the previous day's weather, such amount of sunshine, rain, humidity, etc. Some zones also have different types of heads that put out different amounts of water per hour.

I found a way around it by creating a script instead of hard coding a specific wait time in between switching zones as seen by another user.

It seems like it would make sense to be able to set each zone run time and then just start the schedule.

Ex.
            Zone 1 = 7 min
            Zone 2 = 10 min
            Zone 3 = 7 min
            Zone 4 = 5 min
            Zone 5 = 0 min
            Zone 6 = 0 min

etc.

Comment

I am guessing (?) that this would have to be explicitly supported my HS3. Does it indicate how schedules are programmed into the device?

Comment

I am considering purchasing one of these. A few questions:
                1. Is the program downloaded into the controller so the controller can run independently of HS3?
                2. Can HS3 send an immediate command to any zone to turn on or off?
                3. Can the watering times for each zone be different and can it be set in 1 minute increments.

Thanks,
                Robert

Comment

I have one of these and I hope I can answer your questions.

1. The program is not loaded into the controller. I have made an event that controls it. You can choose a start time and multiple dates can be chosen for a whole month and months ahead.
                  2. There is a dropdown in the UI after you include that will select each valve for the minutes mentioned below. There is an off in the dropdown also that turns which ever one is running off. The on off buttons in the sprinkler controller line I have not tried yet to see what it does.
                  3. The times for each valve have a range of set values in minutes. You can choose from 5, 10, 20, 30, and 60 minutes. It can do up to 15 valves.

Maybe there can be some refinements to this plugin that will allow us to put in the exact minutes we want the valve to run.

Hope this helps. The photo is what I see in my system.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by cowinger; April 15, 2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the information. It looks like this one will not be a fit for me. My current one is also not stand-alone and I have had issues lately with its z-wave status going "Unknown". Once it did that just after the valve was commanded ON and HS was not able to shut it off. 2 1/2 hours later I woke up and had to kill it manually.
                    The other issue is that I must be able to set the duration in 1 minute increments. We are constantly having drought conditions and the city limits the duration of watering and penalizes us for water run-off. My front lawn can absorb ~7 minutes of irrigation before it runs into the street. So I limit the duration if that zone to 7 minutes. Other zones can absorb water longer so they have different durations.

- Robert

Comment

WI15Z-1 Valve Times Manually Entered

I wanted to bring this back because it is watering time and the only way to run a valve is by selecting a pre-determined time for each valve from the drop down. This may or may not be doable for everyone.

Is there anything in the works to be able to create an event, select a valve, and then manually enter a runtime in a text box?

Comment

FYI, I ended buying a Rachio. I qualify for an $80 rebate from the water district. It's a wifi device so I am hoping for better stability than the z-wave. It installed quickly and I only had to modify my events that controlled the valves. I didn't have to modify any of my scripts.

- Robert

Comment

As far as runtime is concerned, can you not just schedule an event, and then schedule the timer to turn it off? For example, if you need 7 minutes on zone 1, why not run the zone 1 10-minute timer, but have it shutoff after 7 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by Harrysiii View Post
                            As far as runtime is concerned, can you not just schedule an event, and then schedule the timer to turn it off? For example, if you need 7 minutes on zone 1, why not run the zone 1 10-minute timer, but have it shutoff after 7 minutes?
                            Yes, that is what I do.

- Robert

Comment

Excellent. I just installed my GoControl yesterday. Typically, my lawn can absorb about 10 minutes-worth at once, but I can cycle through each zone 3 times to get 30 minutes per zone, but only in 10-minute increments.

Comment

Working...
                              X