Status of 'user access' when arming with an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status of 'user access' when arming with an event

I use the status of child device 'user access' to send out a Pushover to my phone so I know remotely who/what triggered the arming/disarming. This works fine for manual operations at the keypad.

I also have an event that automatically arms the system when certain criteria are met that indicate no presence in the house. Again, I use the status of child device 'user access' to send out a Pushover to my phone. It seems that the 'user access' device status is not updated in this situation and what I get as a message on the phone is the status of the last keypad operation, in effect the last manual disarming.

Assuming this behavior is as designed, would it be possible to modify it by setting the status to something like "Armed by system" when an event arms the system?

what event action do you use to arm the system?

If you use "Partition Arm" the plug-in will actually use the code you provided in the config page and the user access device will bet set accordingly
    If you use any other arm method ("Partition Arm - Away", "Partition Arm - Stay", "Partition Arm Zero Entry Delay), then the plug-in does not use any code and then the it cannot know who or what has armed the system. In this case the plug-in receives a "Special Closing" message which according to the doc means:
    "A partition has been armed by one of the following methods: Quick Arm, Auto Arm, Keyswitch, DLS software, Wireless Key"
    so I guess in this case I should make the plug-in set the user access device to "Disarmed by system"

in the meantime possible workaround are
    (1) use the "Partition Arm" action
    or
    (2) use the "EasyTrigger: Set device'string" action (or a script) to set yourself the User Access device from your arming event.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      what event action do you use to arm the system?

If you use "Partition Arm" the plug-in will actually use the code you provided in the config page and the user access device will bet set accordingly
      If you use any other arm method ("Partition Arm - Away", "Partition Arm - Stay", "Partition Arm Zero Entry Delay), then the plug-in does not use any code and then the it cannot know who or what has armed the system. In this case the plug-in receives a "Special Closing" message which according to the doc means:
      "A partition has been armed by one of the following methods: Quick Arm, Auto Arm, Keyswitch, DLS software, Wireless Key"
      so I guess in this case I should make the plug-in set the user access device to "Disarmed by system"

in the meantime possible workaround are
      (1) use the "Partition Arm" action
      or
      (2) use the "EasyTrigger: Set device'string" action (or a script) to set yourself the User Access device from your arming event.
      We had chatted about this in this thread. I really need my event to 'arm away' so the motion sensors remain active; as I understand it, a simple 'arm', with no exit as I'm doing this grammatically, will result in a 'stay arm' with motion sensors disabled.

So is it on your todo list to set the user access device to "Armed by system" ?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        So is it on your todo list to set the user access device to "Armed by system" ?
        yes, it will be in version 3.0.0.32 that I will post this week.

Comment

Great, thanks.

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.32 available here

Comment

Working...
            X