This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhardcore View Post
    There are several third party libraries out there for this kind of problem. Some are more efficient than others. I was wondering which one you used.

Thanks
    OpenCV

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      check the logs (View > Log), there should more information on the cause of the error.
      ok the error says

Feb-22 08:03:43 FaceRecognition ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

any ideas how to resolve?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
        ok the error says

Feb-22 08:03:43 FaceRecognition ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

any ideas how to resolve?
        this error is too generic to know what is the cause of the problem.
        edit Config/FaceRecognition.ini and add the following lines
        Code:
        [GENERAL]
        log_level=Debug
        then restart the plugin, and post the logs here

Comment

Can face recognition be used for CAR recognition?

Can this software be tweaked to read license plates?
          I am delving into making an OCR software process an image (a jpg image captured when the gate alarm detects it start to open, at that time a car will be present to the camera).
          Trying to eventually make HS DEVICE that "string value" is assigned by whatever data the OCR software finds...
          This of course is very useful info because HS would know "which vehicle" has entered or exited... (and if not recognized, that is a problem worthy of sending a text message - with the jpg video frame captured!)

So I toss this information out there with the fact that LPR cameras (license plate recognition) are now under $200 on ebay, so it's something that is just winking to be created for HS.

Comment

this error is too generic to know what is the cause of the problem.
            edit Config/FaceRecognition.ini and add the following lines
            Code:
            [GENERAL]
            log_level=Debug
            then restart the plugin, and post the logs here
            ok i have enabled debug and restarted the Plugin.

When the plugin starts i get the following errors

Feb-23 10:43:25 FaceRecognition DEBUG System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File Not Found File name: 'C:\Windows\system32\Data\FaceRecognition\Cascades\haarcasca de_frontalface_default.xml' at Emgu.CV.CascadeClassifier..ctor(String fileName) at HSPI_FaceRecognition.FaceRecognitionApp.b__1()
            Feb-23 10:43:25 FaceRecognition ERROR File Not Found

and once started and i try to access the config page i get the following error

Feb-23 10:44:19 FaceRecognition DEBUG at HSPI_FaceRecognition.WebConfig.BuildSettingsTab() at HSPI_FaceRecognition.WebConfig.GetPagePlugin(String pageName, String user, Int32 userRights, String queryString)
            Feb-23 10:44:19 FaceRecognition ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

to confirm i am running on Windows 10 with UAC Disabled, the plugin was installed from the "plugin Store" from within the plugins manage page

I have already tried to uninstall and re-install the plugin witht he same issues.

Regards

Stuart Buchanan

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post

Feb-23 10:43:25 FaceRecognition DEBUG System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File Not Found File name: 'C:\Windows\system32\Data\FaceRecognition\Cascades\haarcasca de_frontalface_default.xml' at Emgu.CV.CascadeClassifier..ctor(String fileName) at HSPI_FaceRecognition.FaceRecognitionApp.b__1()
              Feb-23 10:43:25 FaceRecognition ERROR File Not Found
              How do you start HS3, do you somehow run it as a service or something?
              it looks like the plugin is run from C:\Windows\system32\, whereas it expect to be run from the HS3 dir (i.e C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\)
              the file the plugin is looking for is in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\FaceRecognition\Cascades

I just tested it on my Win10 machine and I don't get this error.

Comment

How do you start HS3, do you somehow run it as a service or something?
                it looks like the plugin is run from C:\Windows\system32\, whereas it expect to be run from the HS3 dir (i.e C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\)
                the file the plugin is looking for is in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\FaceRecognition\Cascades

I just tested it on my Win10 machine and I don't get this error.
                I run it from a scheduled task as my user as i am aware running as a service has issues, i have amended the scheduled task to use the Start in option and specified the HS3 folder, it all works fine now thanks for your help (easy when you know how). i will evaluate the product and if all is good i suspect very much you will have a sale.

Regards

Stuart Buchanan

Comment

I had the same issue running as a service. Changing start in folder fixed, but then the training manager wont launch when running as a service.

Comment

I am trying to install this on Linux but just keep getting;
                    Additional Interfaces Update Listing
                    Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor-austin View Post
                      I am trying to install this on Linux but just keep getting;
                      Additional Interfaces Update Listing
                      Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.
                      This plugin only works on Windows

Comment

This plugin only works on Windows
                        Damn, thanks.

Is there any way to run the plug-in remotely on a windows machine?
                        Last edited by trevor-austin; August 15, 2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Hi,

The download link seems to be down, is there an alternative?

Comment

This is out of beta. You can download it from the plugins download page in HomeSeer. 30 days free trial period, a cost after that, if I recall correctly.
                            Karl S
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            1070 Devices
                            56 Z-Wave Nodes
                            104 Events
                            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                            X