url as announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

url as announcement

Hi, first I would like to thank you for a great plugin.

Is there any possible way to send mp3/wav url as announcement?
    I can't find any TTS sapi voices for my language but I can create them as wav file together with Tasker and use the Android as a webserver so I'm hoping to do a workarround.
    Many thanks
    Tonlof
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
    Hi, first I would like to thank you for a great plugin.

Is there any possible way to send mp3/wav url as announcement?
    I can't find any TTS sapi voices for my language but I can create them as wav file together with Tasker and use the Android as a webserver so I'm hoping to do a workarround.
    Many thanks
    Tonlof
    I wouldn't send them as URLs (don't have that function), but put the .wav/mp3 file in an accessible directory on the HS PC and create an event with "Speak" and in the text field you specify the FULL path/file name and the PI will instruct the player(s) to play that file. Read the help file (click tools -> help -> Sonos), it is specified there how to do it and/or combine files with text (like play a chime, say something, play another chime)
    Dirk

Comment

Ok thanks, I know how to use local mp3/wav and Linkgroup and it's working fine. I try to find another solution to get the soundfile from android to HS folder.
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
        Ok thanks, I know how to use local mp3/wav and Linkgroup and it's working fine. I try to find another solution to get the soundfile from android to HS folder.
        I assume the file name would always be the same. Could you have Sonos discover it and add to its DB? If so you can create events to play that file anytime you want.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
        X