A Few questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few questions.

It's been while since I used this plug-in. I used to run DD-WRT. Now I'm using tomato, and it seem to be accepting logs using the HyperWRT settings.

Do I have to add all of the computers in myself? Or is there a way to see local traffic from a subnet and pick and choose which computers to watch.

Also is there a way to detect new machines on the subnet? I'd really like to create a homeseer event when someone gets on the network that has never been on it before.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

It has a been a long time since I used it LOL
    I no longer use it. I use BLLAN instead because I only wanted the PC monitoring.
    You have to add them manually.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Is there any way I could request a couple features like those? I know it might be harder if you don't use it.

A) I'd like to see what machines are on my subnet according to my router logs and choose to add them without having to copy down their IP and Ethernet addresses.

Basically I have many devices and it's pretty hard to keep track of all of them, let alone enter in all of them at once. Plus if I bring up a new virtual machine, I'd like an easier way of discovering what IP address it grabbed.

B) I'd like to be able to trigger a homeseer event if a new machine is seen on my subnet that is not in an ignore list.

Example:
      I a new DHCP device gets plugged into my physical network, or someone connects to my wireless, I can run an event alerting me of that.

If not no biggy, just looking for a little bit better network management here at my house.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

You could add a feature request for it on my web site.
        I cannot promise how soon I will get to it.
        I have a lot of other things going on right now.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

No problem. I'll put it in.
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Working...
          X