X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule question & Omnistat2

Hello,

I have a few outstanding questions:

1. How does the schedule work? It seems that the plug-in initially re-programed my thermostats to the schedule in the homeseer gui, however further changes don't seem to take effect - are there any tips or hints?

2. The omnistat2 can communicate at 1200 or 2400 baud, but it seems plugin is hard set to 300 -- can this be changed?

3. General question - I don't see any real activity here - is this plugin still supported?

My configuration has two HAI oministat2's.

Thanks,
    Mike

I've never used this plugin but I know there are still a couple of users around that do. I can tell you the development stopped on this plugin a few years back but it was rock solid then. Hopefully one of the guys still using this can chime in on the scheduling and settings questions.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

1. I don't know. Sorry but I don't use the schedules. I have always meant to as it is a great feature but I just haven't gotten to it. That said, the omnistat2 thermostats are a 7 day programmable and the plugin only supports 5-1-1. I looked into the protocol a while back and I think that the omnistat2 will take the sat/sun programming but not the weekday. I forget but there is something strange there.

2. The plugin doesn't (to my knowledge) support other options. That said, the messages are really small, so speeding this up won't really make a difference. It's not like we are trying to stream video here.

3. I'm going to go with a resounding NO! It is really a shame. For a good, solid, wired thermostat that is still manufactured, the Omnistats can't be beat. I have 1 RC-2000 and about 14 RC-80 (various flavours) units. I bought the source code from Home Seer but since it isn't maintained, I never could get the compiled modules to load properly. I did manage to get some updates in the code to support RC-2000 but since I can't get the module to load, it doesn't really help. AO! has written a fair bit of new code to support the RC-2000 but he doesn't have time to wrap it into a plugin. I was going to take a crack at it, but work has been crazy as of late. Perhaps this winter, I can try and make a HS3 plugin out of it.

All of this complaining aside, the plugin does work well enough with the Omnistat2 units that you have with a few caveats:

1) scheduling - strange behavior on weekdays
      2) Humidity/Humidify/Dehumidify - Not supported at all
      3) External Temperature - you can write values but not read the external sensor
      4) Cool features not supported - coloured backlight, Zigbee comms, power management, messages,
      5) Hold is slightly broken as the plugin can't deal with Vacation mode

Comment

Thanks for the detailed response!

It is a shame that it is not supported.. HS guys - you really need to adjust your web site to properly advertise your features!!

I might take a crack at fixing up the plugin.. In some searching, I found an open source HVAC plugin ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/enviracomhvac/ ) that [in my quick read] looks reasonably well architected and could be a good base for a 'new' HAI plugin. Of course I will share the results.

I don't want to get ahead of myself since I only started using HS a few wks ago (and I need to make my sprinklers work), but I will see what I can do. Any background work that anyone has that would push me in the right direction would be welcome

Comment

Originally posted by mikemack View Post
          Thanks for the detailed response!

It is a shame that it is not supported.. HS guys - you really need to adjust your web site to properly advertise your features!!
          The "HS Guys" rarely visit the boards. A help desk ticket, paid support, or call into the HS number listed at the top of the home page is your best bet for contact.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X