EnvisaLink DSC Plug-in - HS2 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback

There are 4 different possible commands to arm a partition (see API doc)
    • Partition Arm Control - Away (030)
    • Partition Arm Control - Stay (031)
    • Partition Arm Control - Zero Entry Delay (032)
    • Partition Arm Control - With Code (033)

but I'm not sure to understand if command 032 and 033 work as Away or Stay mode.

The Arm button on the status page uses "Partition Arm Control - With Code (033)" and is supposed to work as if you were entering your code from the keypad. I should probably add "Arm Away" and "Arm Stay" buttons on the status page.

The 4 commands are available as EnvisaLink Actions from Events. So next time you get some time to test this, please try to set up some events to test these actions.

Regarding the code, the config page says master code, but actually you can set any valid user code and it should work the same.

Comment

version 1.0.0.1

uploaded version 1.0.0.1 in which I have added "Arm Away" and "Arm Stay" buttons on status page.

For the new buttons to be created, you need to delete your partitions devices from the status page, and then restart HS.

Comment

version in log

Hi, I installed the .1 update (twice) but my log file shows

6/12/2013 4:32:11 AM - Plug-In - Found plug-in: EnvisaLink, version: 1.0.0.0

on bootup, did you forget to update the version in the plug-in or is the file really 1.0.0.0

I will need to erase and rename over thirty zones so want to make sure I'm on the correct version...

Pls let me know and thanks for the Arm Stay / Arm Away update

BTW, this still does not resolve (in my brain) why my keypads and Blade DCS HS SW say the partition is ready to arm and your plug-in said not ready - not sure if that is resolved with this update yet but wanted to point it out because I didn't mention it explicitly before...

Seems like you SW should match the DCS Keypads, I suspect it has to do with the zone type 05 I'm using....

Comment

sorry I messed up something when uploading version 1.0.0.1, should be ok now, please download again.

you don't have to delete the zones but only the partition devices.

Re: Ready / Not Ready, I can add a state called "Ready - Force Arming Enabled" because from what I understand it is the message sent when the partition is ready to be armed in Stay mode but not in Away mode, or I can treat "Ready - Force Arming Enabled" exactly as Ready. What do you think?

Please confirm that when your zone type 05, you can Arm Stay the partition.

Comment

Arm Stay / Arm Away showing up

I had a few mins last night so loaded up the .1 version - everything seems OK. I have not had any time to check out the events or confirm operation with Arm / Away but Arm Stay worked great.

I'll make time this weekend - I'll need to look across the assortment of my many DCS manuals and try to re-figure out what I did and what might make the most sense WRT HS partition status.

My knee jerk reaction is to say the HS partition status should match the keypad status but let me make sure I don't have something configured incorrectly on my system causing the discrepancy.

Comment

Working Great

Well this is quickly becoming my favorite plug-in, I tried a bunch of things and everything seems to be working fine. I still think the partition status should match the keypad but not a big deal for me either way.

This plug in is faster than my serial over IP IT-100 connection to HS and it will allow me to re-purpose my Global Cache IP2SL to do some remote PH monitoring for my hydroponics set up.

One problem I did run into was converting my existing BLDCS events over. I have a lot of them so I tried just modifying the trigger but when I do I get an error 13. (see PNG below). It happens every time. When I just re-create from scratch, no error. Most likely not a problem with your plug in, might be a HS bug. Wish I didn't need to re-do them all but at least I can get it working

For a feature request -- it would be nice to add a graphic to the status display (see PNG of current status display with BLDSC) - if that is too hard it would be nice to be able to have the status text red when a zone is open.

Both are just nice to haves - thanks for building this plug in and I hope some of my testing helped - happy to buy this when you are ready to sell.
              Attached Files

Comment

One problem I did run into was converting my existing BLDCS events over. I have a lot of them so I tried just modifying the trigger but when I do I get an error 13. (see PNG below). It happens every time. When I just re-create from scratch, no error. Most likely not a problem with your plug in, might be a HS bug. Wish I didn't need to re-do them all but at least I can get it working
                I can replicate this problem, I will have a look.

For a feature request -- it would be nice to add a graphic to the status display (see PNG of current status display with BLDSC) - if that is too hard it would be nice to be able to have the status text red when a zone is open.
                I will definitely add some graphic status display.

Both are just nice to haves - thanks for building this plug in and I hope some of my testing helped - happy to buy this when you are ready to sell.
                Thanks for all the testing, it helped a lot.
                FYI, this plugin is now in the HS2 updater and in the store: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Envi...-P1595C96.aspx

Also, I have started porting this plugin to HS3, it's almost finished.

I'm on vacation until mid July, so I probably won't release any new version until this date.

Comment

problem with purchase / download / install

Went to the store - purchased it - tried to put in the license code but it did not take it. I noticed you changed the name a bit so went to the installer and re-downloaded it.

During the install got this message

6/16/2013 6:35:49 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\config\EnvisaLink.lf
                  6/16/2013 6:35:49 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\HSPI_ENVISALINK.dll
                  6/16/2013 6:35:49 AM Updater Applying update: EnvisaLink
                  6/16/2013 6:35:49 AM Updater Starting installation of updates

do I need to worry about it, did the EnvisaLink.lf change, if so, how do I best fix the problem?

Comment

EnvisaLink.lf didn't change, so don't worry about the warning.

Did you get any error message when you tried to put in the code?
                    I have to ask the HS guys about this problem.

Comment

Error Registration error:

In the log it says

6/16/2013 6:57:11 AM Error Registration error: That License ID is for a different product. Contact technical support if you need assistance.

Tried it about 5 times - I was careful not make a mistake so assuming something is messed up on the HS side.
                      Attached Files

Comment

We will take a look, can you open a helpdesk ticket so we can get the license info from you please.

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
                        In the log it says

6/16/2013 6:57:11 AM Error Registration error: That License ID is for a different product. Contact technical support if you need assistance.

Tried it about 5 times - I was careful not make a mistake so assuming something is messed up on the HS side.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich - sent you an email

Rich, I sent you an email with my order number - no joy getting into the help desk / help ticket site.....

pls let me know what I need to do to fix, thx

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
                            Rich, I sent you an email with my order number - no joy getting into the help desk / help ticket site.....

pls let me know what I need to do to fix, thx
                            Is it resolved? If so please let me know what was the problem.

thanks

Comment

Yes, resolved

Problem was incorrect license code, HS web store did not generate the proper code for my system. I called the next day and I was given the correct license code - working fine now - thanks for asking....

Comment

HS lock up

Hi Spud - found HS locked up and had to reboot today - error seems to indicate it might have been related to envisalink plug-in, see attached png. Just passing along in case it helps with the ongoing development.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X