Source EMail Address "bllan@here.com:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source EMail Address "bllan@here.com:

I have looked for a way to specify the source address of email alerts which is currently bllan@here.com (this address is in both the FROM and the RETURN-PATH email headers). I checked the INI file (hspi_bllan.ini) but didn't find this email address or an unpopulated filed containing "mail" or "from". How does one CHANGE the source address in the emails of the messages received from BLLAN?

Looks like I may have hard coded it.
    Put in a feature request on my site for this and I will make it an option
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Plug in updated, emails no longer being sent

Thanks! I was able to populate the new field in the BLLAN options. However, emails are NO LONGER being sent by BLLAN when devices change status. Furthermore, I am able to update the software, but only if I disable the BLLAN plugin. And following the update, it claims that it is still running the earlier version on the plugin management page - it states that I am running 2.0.16 and that the 2.0.18 version is still available for download. I have reinstalled it as well. In the BLLAN-->About page, it states that it is version 2.0.18. I enabled debug logging under options, and the event log on HS3 reflected this, however no additional log entries, other than device up and down, are visible in the event logs. Below is the output with no filter reflecting this. I have configured alerts for some devices on device status change in the homeseer events, but feel that this is a work around and means that I need to add two events (device up and down) for each system in BLLAN.

Mike

Oct-08 11:07:05 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz is connected (Downtime: 10 mins, 11 secs)
      Oct-08 10:57:14 BLLAN Info BLLAN Debug Logging Enabled!
      Oct-08 10:56:54 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz is not connected (Uptime: 3 mins, 1 secs)
      Oct-08 10:56:54 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz --- 3 PING failures
      Oct-08 10:56:30 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz --- 2 PING failures
      Oct-08 10:56:06 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz --- 1 PING failure
      Oct-08 10:53:53 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz is connected (Downtime: 2 mins, 22 secs)
      Oct-08 10:51:30 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz is not connected (Uptime: 1 days, 12 hrs, 56 mins, 34 secs)
      Oct-08 10:51:30 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz --- 3 PING failures
      Oct-08 10:51:06 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz --- 2 PING failures
      Oct-08 10:50:42 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netbotz --- 1 PING failure
      Oct-08 10:32:56 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Juniper SSL VPN --- 1 PING failure
      Oct-08 10:22:25 BLLAN Info Computer - Home Network Netgear WiFi Bridge --- 1 PING failure
      Oct-08 10:19:34 BLLAN Info Computer - Moms Network Linksys Router --- 1 PING failure

Comment

Update - I found the actual BLLAN debug log and reviewed. I did have not enabled the email alerting for the device that I was testing in BLLAN (forgot one!) - sorry! Testing again reveals that there is NO issue. Works as expected!

Comment

source email Field "unpopulates" itself

I discovered another issue when I went back to disable detailed logging. The from email field was NOT populated any longer. It was blank. After this happens, I stop getting emails from BLLAN. This seems to occur when the email process is spawned, as it only happens when a device changes status. So I change the email address, unplug a monitored device from the network, wait until the retries has passed, then go back to the options page. The email from field is NO LONGER populated with the source email address. I do receive ONE email from the configured source address, but then NO MORE. I even tried reconfiguring the source email address to admin@bllan.com, but this too disappeared following the first change of status event.

Again, I never get any emails after the first one.

Comment

I have this same problem. Sends one email, email adx disappears from GUI. No more emails.

Did you ever figure this out?

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
            I discovered another issue when I went back to disable detailed logging. The from email field was NOT populated any longer. It was blank. After this happens, I stop getting emails from BLLAN. This seems to occur when the email process is spawned, as it only happens when a device changes status. So I change the email address, unplug a monitored device from the network, wait until the retries has passed, then go back to the options page. The email from field is NO LONGER populated with the source email address. I do receive ONE email from the configured source address, but then NO MORE. I even tried reconfiguring the source email address to admin@bllan.com, but this too disappeared following the first change of status event.

Again, I never get any emails after the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
              I have this same problem. Sends one email, email adx disappears from GUI. No more emails.

Did you ever figure this out?

Has this been figured out by anyone?

Comment

Working...
              X