Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

losing connectivity on Port/comm3

Hey there...

Something weird going on. When I enable the plugin, it will work for awhile, then stop. this is what the log says if I try to use it from Device Management:

Jan-01 1:13:25 PM
    Vista Alarm
    Warning: The port has closed unexpectedly.
    Jan-01 1:13:25 PM
    Vista Alarm
    Sending [code]+1

Usually, if a disable/enable the plugin, it will start working again for a small time.

My fear is that this has something to do with the face that i'm running a USB extender over Cat5 to connect my HS3 Server to my AD2USB... about 50 feet away.

that said, I tested this connection with other items, and it never dropped once.

Any ideas?

thanks.

You are way exceeding the USB specified maximum length of 5m (16.4 ft). You might try something like this. Alternately, locate the AD2USB close to the host and run the alarm interface over the longer cable. The Vista manual specifies that 22 gauge wire runs of up to 900 feet are supported for aux devices drawing 50mA or less. My notes indicate that the AD2USB only draws 7mA so there should be plenty of margin there.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
      You are way exceeding the USB specified maximum length of 5m (16.4 ft). You might try something like this. Alternately, locate the AD2USB close to the host and run the alarm interface over the longer cable. The Vista manual specifies that 22 gauge wire runs of up to 900 feet are supported for aux devices drawing 50mA or less. My notes indicate that the AD2USB only draws 7mA so there should be plenty of margin there.
      sorry.. should have said i'm using an extender.. which supposedly works up to 150 feet:
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i'll try the idea about moving the AD2USB closer to the host.

Comment

Working...
      X