Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Current Cost - the interface was not fou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Current Cost - the interface was not fou

Brand new hometroller-sel pro and new current cost. Installed 3.0.0.33 of the plugin but get this error. Tried rebooting and also disabling and re-enabling.

I can't see how i could have done anything wrong as its all a fresh system.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Logs don't show anything:
    Oct-07 20:48:35 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Current Cost
    Oct-07 20:48:05 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Current Cost
    Oct-07 20:47:25 Updater Install/Update of package HomeSeer CURRENTCOST ENVI was successful.
    Oct-07 20:47:25 Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\Bin\CurrentCost\SQLite.Interop.dll
    Oct-07 20:47:25 Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\Bin\CurrentCost\System.Data.SQLite.dll
    Oct-07 20:47:25 Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\CURRENTCOST\Help.htm
    Oct-07 20:47:25 Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_CURRENTCOST.exe.config
    Oct-07 20:47:25 Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_CURRENTCOST.exe
    Oct-07 20:47:24 Updater Installing package HomeSeer CURRENTCOST ENVI
    Oct-07 20:47:24 Updater Update HSPI_CURRENTCOST.exe downloaded successfully
    Oct-07 20:47:22 Updater Downloading update: HomeSeer CURRENTCOST ENVI
    Oct-07 20:47:22 Updater Starting download of updates
    Last edited by r55boy; October 7, 2015, 02:35 PM.

I don't have the SEL or that particular plugin but the principle should be the same, that seems to imply that it has installed successfully. When you go into the plugin interfaces page and enable the plugin what happens with the HS log? You probably need to specify the port that the Envi is sitting on but that error could be from anything really and may be as simple as the wrong port being selected.

Comment

Problem is i cant! The error seems to cause the interface not to appear on the list of plugins, so i cant go configure it. What i mean is it appears on the manage screen, but not as an item under the plugins menu so config is not possible.

Help!

Comment

Originally posted by r55boy View Post
        Problem is i cant! The error seems to cause the interface not to appear on the list of plugins, so i cant go configure it. What i mean is it appears on the manage screen, but not as an item under the plugins menu so config is not possible.

Help!
        I have never used the plugin but I imagine that setting of the COM port is done in the plugin manage page rather than any config page (one of the columns should be for a port selector), or that because the port is not setup then it is failing and not giving you the config page. Hopefully someone else may be in a position of answering you whether there is even a config page for it...

Comment

It looks like a bug in the current version - certainly on Linux. The beta version works. So for now I will see where I get to.

Starting to think the hometroller was the wrong way to go - and that I might be better off with HS3 on Wintel - I have problems also with the DSC plugin not working and others not being supported on the hometroller. I have a week or so to decide whether to return the SEL or Im stuck with it. Maybe the S6 or just buy HS3 and a new Wintel box to run it on, arghhh! Decision needed soon...

Comment

Working...
          X