Nest Family Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Family Accounts

Spud. I see that Nest have launched family accounts and will now (optionally) support presence detection using multiple phones to enhance Auto-away.

Have you seen anything about whether this info will be made available in the API and therefore might be possible to pull in to HS3?

Cheers
    James.
    cheeryfool

a Nest representative said:

Home/Away Assist is an app feature that feeds the Auto-Away. It was built specifically to be compatible by default with the current API. Home and Away works the same if you're a developer, just now with more accurate information.
    source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...d-the-nest-api

so this new feature should already be reflected in the Home/Away HS device

Comment

I was about to ask the same

I think the question is more specifically....

Now that there are family accounts, is there any way to find out via API whether or not each user is home or away individually?

This would be great information for Home Automation.

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post
        I think the question is more specifically....

Now that there are family accounts, is there any way to find out via API whether or not each user is home or away individually?

This would be great information for Home Automation.
        the answer to this question is no, it's not possible with the current API

Comment

Yes, that is more specifically what I meant. . But thinking about it further I can't imagine that they would ever do this - more's the pity.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
          X