NEST Protect Unit Status in HSTouch

Hello

On my NEST Protects;
    I have 4 properties:
    • Unit Name - Online
    • CO2 Alarm - OK
    • Smoke Alarm - OK
    • Battery Health - OK

I am trying to put this in HSTouch; and the CO2 Smoke and Battery work a treat in both status name and image (green circle/triangle or diamond)..

The unit name - I can get the NEST Logo up (expected as there is no staus icons); however when I try to get the text - I expect it to say Online or Offline. However no text comes up.

In HS3 I can see value 0: Offline, value 1: Online.

Can any one advise me why I can't get it to say Online in HSTouch?

Thanks
    Chris

I think this is because this is the root device, there is a known problem with root device in HSTouch, read this thread:
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169563

and make sure you use the right version of HSTouch, or use the workaround explained in this same thread

Comment

Hi Spud / Others

I updated my Design Software - 3.0.30 which I think is the latest version.

I have HSTouchServer plugin 3.0.0.68 (there is no update according to the plugin manager). There is a BETA version 3.0.0.102 - however this fails to install...

So I tried again; and I still do not get the Status Text; I even added [$SCRIPT=&hs.devicestring("173")] to the text field of my text box; 173 being my Reference ID.

Unfortunately both script and status tracking way still show blank?

Thanks
      Chris

Comment

what error do you get when you try to install the Beta? Have you shut down the HSTouch server plug-in before trying to update?

Comment

Fixed

Hi

I was using an outdated version of HS3Pro - I have backed up and upgraded and installed the plugin. The problem was my version according to the LOG. Thanks I have learnt bundles

Just one thing please; now my Status are working - I did not like the NEST Status ICONs. I have changed them; and developed some of my own to match the DSC icons (green and red circles).

The thing is; each time I restart HomeSeer - all my manually changed status icons have changed back to the three defaults (which I am not so keen on and like your other post where you have changed the classic icons in the Envisalink for contemporary ones).
          I know I can manually overwrite the NEST icons in the HTML directory; but I'm not keen on doing this as the warning.png will not accomodate for multiple images:
          smoke-orange.png, cmono-orange.png

Can you suggest why it goes back to defaults on each restart and how to stop this?

Thanks
          Chris

Comment

Have uploaded if any one is interested - although I cannot take credit for the Gas one which was someone else's on here and very well done. I just can't find the post to thank...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post

Can you suggest why it goes back to defaults on each restart and how to stop this?
              It is not supposed to goes back to defaults on each restart, only when you upgrade to a new version of the plug-in. I just tested it again here, and it works as expected for me.

Comment

I have re-installed the plugin - restarted; genuinely thought I was going mad but they are resetting to default images...
                I am going to try standard HomeSeer Images to see if that changes anything.

Well I have just checked that using the unknown.png, OK.png, and alarm.png - and it is still resetting to the plugin's default images every time I restart HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
                  I have re-installed the plugin - restarted; genuinely thought I was going mad but they are resetting to default images...
                  I am going to try standard HomeSeer Images to see if that changes anything.

Well I have just checked that using the unknown.png, OK.png, and alarm.png - and it is still resetting to the plugin's default images every time I restart HomeSeer.
                  hmm...
                  is it on Windows or Linux?
                  what version of the plug-in are you runnng?
                  does it happen for all the devices created by the Nest plug-in or only specific ones?

Comment

forget it, I have found the problem, it's a bug. It will be fixed on the next version, sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Cheers Spud
                      Keep up the good work!
                      Your plugin's are ace; I can't wait to show off my System and Touch interface..
                      Long way to go yet, but I'm working on it.
                      Chris

Comment

in version 3.0.0.19 (available here) I have fixed the bug we discussed above and I have changed the status icons to the default HS ones

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices_new_icons.png
Views:	2
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1185055

Comment

That's great thank you Spud.

My HSTouch looks much better.

Comment

Working...
                          X