No data on charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data on charts

Hi. I've got a single RFXPwr module set up connected via a 433.92MHz RFXCom receiver and I'm using the ACRF and RFXCOM (with the charting software) plugins. Running on Vista.

It is set up as per the instructions and homeseer can see the RFXPwr module

Do you use the standard charts or Paul's charts?

The Voltage table is used for the RFXSensor.

Did you see the note at the bottom of chapter 3.3
    http://www.rfxcom.com/documents/RFXCOM_charts.pdf
    So edit:
    [RFXPower]
    StandardCharge = 0,0877
    AlternativeCharge = 0,0877
    to:
    [RFXPower]
    StandardCharge = 0.??? (use the dot as decimal separator)
    AlternativeCharge = 0.???

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply. I'm using the standard charts to get started.
      I've now replaced the , with . in the ini file thanks.

Something that's confusing me is from what I can tell you can configure a Pwr device as an env sensor in the ACRF plugin. If you do that there is nowhere to say how it should save to a chart for example - unless you use the RFXCOM plugin.

The RFXCOM plugin can take the com port for the RF input and then finds the device but then I can't use the ACRF plugin (with all the security devices configured) as the com port if already open. Is it the case that I should migrate everything across to the RFXCOM plugin?

I removed the input device from RFXCOM and have started getting the following error which is new (previously, with no input device that didn't happen).

10/07/2008 07:04:31 - RFXCOM2 - Error: Input Devices HouseCode InpDevHC doesn't contain a correct value.
      I also now appear to have lost comms with the ACRF device. The unit hasn't moved, the com port hasn't changed, I disabled the RFXCOM plugin and reasserted the device in the ARCF config. The homeseer logs read as follows:
      10/07/2008 07:28:09 - ConfigIO - Calling ConfigIO for AC RF Processor
      10/07/2008 07:28:18 - AC RF Processor - Attempting to add one RFXCom48V receiver on Com 9 to RFComm support interface.
      10/07/2008 07:28:18 - AC RF Processor - RF Device Found on Com 9 - Ready to start I/O

but now events that were triggered by various wireless modules aren't - there is no sign that homeseer is picking them up at all. The ACRF error log shows:

ACRF Processor Error Log Generated 10/07/2008 07:27:04
      -----------*Error Message*----------------
      Error: The Com port is not yet setup for the RF device or no devices are responding. Please select 'setup' from HomeSeer's Options dialog /Interfaces tab and select the com port and correct device. -- 10/07/2008 07:27:04
      Last edited by ; July 10, 2008, 01:36 AM.

Comment

If you want to use the charts supplied with the RFXCOM plug-in or the charts created by Paul you have to use the RFXCOM plug-in. Somewhere in the devopment section on this forum are older versions of the charts that probably still work with the ACRF plug-in.
        It is not possible to have both plug-ins accessing the same COM port so you have to make a choice.
        If you have a W800 receiver you need the ACRF to process data from this receiver. There is an RFXCOM version that receives the US and the European frequencies.

Comment

Thanks for that. I've now disabled the ACRF plugin and started moving my sensors over to the RFXCOM plugin.

I've set up a few including DS and MS sensors.

If I set an event using a DS module which is "Status Changed to Any" then the event triggers, otherwise it doesn't (e.g. no Set to On or Set to Off).

The MS10E doesn't appear to respond to any option ("change to on" etc). RFXCOM has seen and saved the MS sensor but I cannot trigger an event at all (changed to on, set to on, set any etc...). If I check on the device status page, it does pick up when there is motion but the event doesn't trigger.
          This is from the log: 10/07/2008 21:20:57 - RFXCOM - (display_S) Security: MOTION[****]S Device:_8 Cmd:2

Is there a way to achieve that for separate open/close events (as I used door opened, door closed for example). I have checked the PDFs but can't see using events besides various scripts.
          Last edited by ; July 10, 2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Use the Device Value Change trigger for the security sensors.

Starts the power device with RFXPwr ?

Comment

Thank you that works.

Yes the RFXPwr module is registering and the charts appear to be working too.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X