This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
    I just restarted HS3, and now my status 0=Radio Off, and 100=Radio On are erased. I'm guessing the plugin recreates these devices from the ISY at startup, and the information is reformatted to "Factory new" (0=Off, 100=On)?
    Yes, see previous post.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
      Now that HS3 allows the status to be anything, I though I had removed the cases where the string was being set but I guess I missed some devices. On what type of device are you seeing the string field being used?
      I was just doing doors for now - so TriggerLincs or Open/Closed Sensors. The ones that get triggered frequently are listed as "Security V0.0(9)". The one that's outside and I haven't tried to Open/Close to see if it updates its status is a "TriggerLinc 2421 V0.0"

My "INSTEON IOLinc 2450 V3.6" devices (Garage Doors) are working okay! EVEN if I restart HomeSeer, it remembers that On=Closed & Off=Open, unlike the other devices.

Comment

I can certainly understand the desire to create custom status value pairs. So I'll give it some thought and see if there's some way to enable that. Early on there was a developer discussion that somewhat relates to this. Given that you can set the status to pretty much anything, how will script writers relate status values to anything meaningful? Do they have to do string matching for many different words that might mean the device is off (off, closed, deactivated, etc.)?
        I agree, there's no way to check for every possible 'text' representation. Couldn't developers just check against the numeric "Value" rather than the text "Status"? For example, a device with a custom Status shows:
        Value: "255=Closed"
        So just check to see if it's 255 or 0 to see if it's on-or-off, rather than the text-name associated with 255 and 0.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to create a NEW custom set, but renaming the existing "Status" text-name of the standard "Value". For example:
        0 = "Off" -> Change to "Open"
        255= "On" -> Change to "Closed"

Some devices let you keep this new Open/Closed "Status" after a restart of HS3 (Like a INSTEON IOLinc 2450 V3.6), other devices (Like a Security V0.0(9)) delete the edited Closed/Open Values every time you restart HS3. It would be really nice if all devices let you keep the updated names, if that's possible.
        Attached Files

Comment

I was just looking at my "INSTEON IOLinc 2450 V3.6" devices and I think there's a bug. The reason it appeared to not overwrite my custom "Closed" text is because the plugin is defining "On=100" when in fact "On=255". So my 0=Open got overwritten, but my 255=Closed did not.
          Attached Files

Comment

I agree, there's no way to check for every possible 'text' representation. Couldn't developers just check against the numeric "Value" rather than the text "Status"? For example, a device with a custom Status shows:
            Value: "255=Closed"
            So just check to see if it's 255 or 0 to see if it's on-or-off, rather than the text-name associated with 255 and 0.
            If all you have to deal with is a few known devices that works, but a script writer may have to deal with devices owned by many different plug-ins.

Even with the ISY, you can't assume that 255 means on because with the addition of z-wave support, z-wave devices report values 0 - 100 so 100 means on. The values reported by a device are device dependent values and it's the status that is supposed to normalize those somewhat.

I understand what it is you're trying to do and I'll see what I can do to make it work.

Thanks for all the input/feedback on this.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Can I upgrade my ISY to 4.1.2 with this version of the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by JB NY View Post
                Can I upgrade my ISY to 4.1.2 with this version of the plugin?
                Yes, I've been using 4.1.2 since it was released.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Thanks, upgraded fine.

Comment

I've been noticing some very strange time stamps that are incorrect on a few devices (Motion & Door sensors). I now see that after a startup, the time stamps are being reset on these devices, and I found an error in the HS3 Log at the exact same time the devices are being reset. Could you take a look?

1/28/2014 5:31:15 PM ~!~Startup~!~ HomeSeer version 3.0.0.55 Edition: HS3 Standard Starting Now

Jan-28 5:31:35 PM ISYInsteon isyEvent : Parse failure: {0x3C}Event seqnum="2" sid="uuid:37"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_1{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}8{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E}C5DE5C.8CE6F7{0x3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}

From the HS3 Device Status Page:
                    Garage Door 1 Sensor INSTEON IOLinc 2450 V3.6 Today 5:31:35 PM
                    Garage Door 2 Sensor INSTEON IOLinc 2450 V3.6 Today 5:31:35 PM
                    Porch Motion-Sensor Motion Sensor US 915 MHZ 2842 222 V0 0 Today 5:31:35 PM
                    Mailbox Door Security V0.0(9) Today 5:31:35 PM

FYI: I have some "TriggerLinc 2421 V0.0" Door devices, but those are NOT being reset:
                    Barn Door TriggerLinc 2421 V0.0 1/22/2014 2:25:28 PM
                    Aquariam Lid TriggerLinc 2421 V0.0 1/25/2014 3:50:00 AM
                    Last edited by CJVann; January 28, 2014, 07:29 PM. Reason: Added note about TriggerLinc 2421 V0.0

Comment

I've been noticing some very strange time stamps that are incorrect on a few devices (Motion & Door sensors). I now see that after a startup, the time stamps are being reset on these devices, and I found an error in the HS3 Log at the exact same time the devices are being reset. Could you take a look?

1/28/2014 5:31:15 PM ~!~Startup~!~ HomeSeer version 3.0.0.55 Edition: HS3 Standard Starting Now

Jan-28 5:31:35 PM ISYInsteon isyEvent : Parse failure: {0x3C}Event seqnum="2" sid="uuid:37"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_1{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}8{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E}C5DE5C.8CE6F7{0x3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      This looks like a fairly new message from the ISY. I don't think it's related to the time stamps of the other devices, other than the ISY probably sends it in the first batch of messages it sends when the plug-in connects. This message is sending the "key" needed to interact with the programs on the ISY.

From the HS3 Device Status Page:
                      Garage Door 1 Sensor INSTEON IOLinc 2450 V3.6 Today 5:31:35 PM
                      Garage Door 2 Sensor INSTEON IOLinc 2450 V3.6 Today 5:31:35 PM
                      Porch Motion-Sensor Motion Sensor US 915 MHZ 2842 222 V0 0 Today 5:31:35 PM
                      Mailbox Door Security V0.0(9) Today 5:31:35 PM

FYI: I have some "TriggerLinc 2421 V0.0" Door devices, but those are NOT being reset:
                      Barn Door TriggerLinc 2421 V0.0 1/22/2014 2:25:28 PM
                      Aquariam Lid TriggerLinc 2421 V0.0 1/25/2014 3:50:00 AM
                      The HomeSeer time stamp value is set by HomeSeer when the device is updated. I'm not sure if it's just when the device status/value is updated or if any changes are made to the device record, my assumption would be only when the status/value is updated.

The plug-in will update the HomeSeer record for those devices as it gets the current status of the devices from the ISY after it first connects. If this is different from what's currently stored for the device, the last update time is set since the HomeSeer device is being updated.

That being said, I'm not seeing my IOLinc or Motion sensor devices change when I start HomeSeer.

Does this happen every time for these specific devices? If so, what's the status/value of the device before you shutdown HomeSeer and what is after the plug-in starts and updates the device time stamp?
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Does this happen every time for these specific devices? If so, what's the status/value of the device before you shutdown HomeSeer and what is after the plug-in starts and updates the device time stamp?
                        Yes, it happens every time I restart HS3. Below are some screen captures of time stamps immediately before shutting down, and immediate after HS3 starts. I had done 1 restart prior to these screen captures, but HS3 wouldn't shut down gracefully. SO the first screen capture's "Before Shutdown" is showing all the time stamps that changed to 9:01AM after that forced restart. All the other shutdowns were successful.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just in case you needed to see the actual value/status/string, I did one more restart and captured that data (No change).
                          FYI, I think you have 100 as ON for the "INSTEON IOLinc 2450 V3.6" (Garage Doors 1 & 2) instead of 255. Awhile back I had added a Status of 0=Open, and 255=Closed. The 0 was overwritten by the plugin (Changed to 0=Off), but the 255=Closed remains and there is also a 100=On that doesn't seem to be used.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have 4-8 button insteon keypads in the house. I can trigger events based on pressing the keypads. For some reason this only works on 7 of the 8 buttons. The 8th button which are my all off's can't trigger anything in homeseer. I have tried diffrent ways of progarming them but nothing works. Any ideas.

Comment

Looking at my keypads again I realized that the 8th key doesn't function like the other 7. The first seven keys when pressed illuminates the key when turned on. The 8th key when pressed illuminates for a split second and then turns back off. I'm assuming this is because it's the all off key. I am still able to trigger events from this key in HS2 but not HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                                Looking at my keypads again I realized that the 8th key doesn't function like the other 7. The first seven keys when pressed illuminates the key when turned on. The 8th key when pressed illuminates for a split second and then turns back off. I'm assuming this is because it's the all off key. I am still able to trigger events from this key in HS2 but not HS3.
                                It could be a bug in the plug-in. I haven't had a chance to look into it to see if I did some thing obviously wrong. All of the code that would deal with handling the events from the keypad came from the HS2 plugin, but I might have introduced a bug while working on something else.

If you turn on debug logging (from the configuration page) and press a button that works and then the 8th button and post or send me the log it would help as I don't have any keypads configured as 8 button keypads, mine are all 6 button.
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X