This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pentair pool IntelliTouch integration

Does anyone have an integration with IntelliTouch pool controller by Pentair.
    Pentair offers a serial interface adapter called iLink that gives access to a home automation system like HomeSeer to the pool controller. The protocol allows for controlling various pool features like pumps, valves, lights as well as providing feedback about status and water temperatures.

I do have i-Link now and I'm planning to do it, however why re-invent the wheel if someone has done it already.

I'm still on HS2 due to difficulties migrating to HS3 my enormously large system 500+ devices and 500+ events and 100+ custom scripts.

FYI, I created a plugin to integrate Pentair Intellitouch systems with HS using the Autelis interface: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172099

...but it's probably not what you are looking for, since the plugin is HS3 only, and you already have an iLink interface

Comment

clarification

iLink is serial interface adapter by Pentair making their IntelliTouch controller accessible trough serial interface.
      It is in addition to and not a substitution for IP to serial adapter like Autelis. I use "Sena HelloDevice" for the same purpose as Autelis and I use iLink to give me access to Pentair system.

Since many of the pumps, valves and other equipment is controlled over RS485 serial interface it is possible to circumvent IntelliTouch altogether and to make HS control them directly with IP to serial adapter like Autelis. There are two problems here however.

1. Pentair never published the protocol and you have to rely on hacks like this one http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/1...s485-protocol/ or hack it by yourself.
      2. Not all devices are "smart" and RS485 controllable. There are still some "dumb" devices like legacy pumps for example that are hooked to simple relays. You can't control those.

Comment

oooops sorry

Ooooops I was wrong. I just noticed that Autelis does have Pentair integration. They did actually hack Pentair RS485 protocol and provide everything needed. Still my note is valid about inability to control dumb devices.

Comment

Working...
        X