Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in Nest plugin

Dear Spud,

I have your plugin in trial mode. I have 4 Nest protects, and no Nest Thermostat. I try to change the mode manually from Away to At Home, but see the following error in the logs:

Sep-20 01:43:46 Nest DEBUG data: null
    Sep-20 01:43:46 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
    Sep-20 01:43:27 Nest DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetAwayMode(String structureId, Boolean away) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext()<---
    Sep-20 01:43:27 Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
    Sep-20 01:43:27 Nest DEBUG PUT: path=structures/XGftsFJcgRyBSpN8t6W5wNeW9ysPmUe_eWJYTSXZ9wr3Oyz3qeBAHw payload={"away":"home"}
    Sep-20 01:43:27 Device Control Device: House Nest St Peters Avenue to

The plugin is otherwise working. Can you help me understand what needs to be done?

Kind Regards,

Nick.

I just tested with Nest protects only and I see the same thing,, i.e I got a "Bad Request" error when trying to change the Home/Away status.
    However I don't think it's a problem with the plugin, it is a bug or a limitation of the nest API, so I will ask for some explanations in the nest-api support forum.

As far as I know the protects do not behave differently if the status is set to Home or Away, so why do you want to change this manually?

Comment

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I am using the Home/Away as a part of a wider indicator to switch on/off events. I hoped that the glowing indicators on the protects would move between Home and Away - but obviously not!

I do have a Nest Thermostat, which I am planning to install shortly. If this is related to the fact that I have not installed it no problem - I'll take a look again when I've installed it.

Thanks very much.

Kind Regards,

Nick.

Comment

I too am getting the same error message when I try to control the device.

DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetHVACMode(String thermostatId, String mode) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.SetControlValue(Int32 dvref, Double value) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.

Comment

Originally posted by SmarterControl View Post
          I too am getting the same error message when I try to control the device.

DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetHVACMode(String thermostatId, String mode) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.SetControlValue(Int32 dvref, Double value) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.
          that's not the same error, yours says "429 (Too many Requests)"

this error means you have exceeded the quota.
          the Nest API apply some rate limits, there is a maximum number of requests one can do for a given period of time. From what I read this maximum is one request per minute with a one hour sliding window, meaning that you can do 60 request in 1 minute but then you won't be able to do anymore request for the next hour.

for more info read this:
          http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...mitations-last
          https://developer.nest.com/documenta...ta-rate-limits

so, wait a day or two, then you should be fine

Comment

Working...
          X