HS3Touch Passcode not working on iOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3Touch Passcode not working on iOS

I've configured hs3touch on an ipad mini I just picked up. I have a custom security screen that I've passcoded. My Passcode screen is the Android custom passcode object with a few tweaks of mine thrown in.

When I run the project on the Windows HStouch client (where I do my hstouch development), the passcode works correctly. However, after pushing it to the ipad, I get incorrect behaviour. When I touch the Security button (to bring up the Security screen) I get the passcode screen (as I should). but after hitting enter, I just get returned to the home screen rather than the Security screen.

If I disable the passcode, hitting the Security button takes me to my new screen correctly. This is using HS3 3.0.0.425.

Any ideas?

Paul
    Last edited by paul; July 15, 2018, 01:03 PM.

Bump - Wondering if anyone has seen this? it appears it could be an iPad client issue? For fun I decided to take my iphone project and drop it onto this iPad, and found that it did odd behaviour (including not working properly) on the passcode. A passcode that works every time on my iphone......

Comment

Ok, well for lack of having a working Passcode screen on the ipad, I decided to take a stab at rolling my own. I wrote a short vb script that gets triggered by hitting the Enter key on the passcode screen and passing the script the contents of the text box. The script then checks against a list of passcodes and if it matches one it loads the correct screen. If it doesn't match it simply clears the text box to allow for a retry.

Advantage - I can have multiple passcodes to compare against.

It needs some work but it's functional. Need to do a few things like maybe figure out a way to deal with limited number of attempts, etc. If anyone is interested in it let me know...

Comment

Hey

Old thread but worth a bump!
        I found that the 'default' skin passcode works .... almost!

When it progress to the locked screen no matter how I draw it blanks out the rest of the screen. i.e. I want to draw the passcoded screen ontop the original screen . Works fine without the built in passcode ; but seems to mess up the draw with.

Yours presumably works fine with the passcode screen?

Cheers

Comment

Not sure I’m totally following. Could you clarify, perhaps a couple of screenshots? My home grown screen covers everything else, but I was happy with that. Since mine isn’t using the built in passcode bits, I would think it would work fine as a smaller screen that doesn’t cover everything else, if that’s what you’re trying to do?

I have improved mine since this post - it now no longer requires you to hit the enter key and you can configure the number of characters in the passcode. If you enter the correct number of digits and it doesn’t match any of the codes it’ll buzz at you and reset for another try.

if I ever get around to it I may try to update it so you can configure the codes from with homeseer rather than having to hard code them in the script. Let me know if you want me to put the pieces together and post for you to play with.....

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
            Not sure I’m totally following. Could you clarify, perhaps a couple of screenshots? My home grown screen covers everything else, but I was happy with that. Since mine isn’t using the built in passcode bits, I would think it would work fine as a smaller screen that doesn’t cover everything else, if that’s what you’re trying to do?

I have improved mine since this post - it now no longer requires you to hit the enter key and you can configure the number of characters in the passcode. If you enter the correct number of digits and it doesn’t match any of the codes it’ll buzz at you and reset for another try.

if I ever get around to it I may try to update it so you can configure the codes from with homeseer rather than having to hard code them in the script. Let me know if you want me to put the pieces together and post for you to play with.....
            Thanks.
            The built in HS passcode doesn't draw properly on iOS (screen onto/screen instead of). Works fin on the windows client. I'll chuck some screenshots up later

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X