Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless tags

Hi:

I recently installed CAO tags ( or wireless sensors as they are now called) to my isy controller.
    The implementation invlolves using a raspberry pi as a node server and running software named polyglot to interface the tags to isy.

The upshot of all that is that I do have the wireless tags reading data into my isy.

The question I have is that they do not seem to be read in to HS3 via the plugin.

Is there any way I can get them to register in HS3?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by zsima View Post
    Hi:

I recently installed CAO tags ( or wireless sensors as they are now called) to my isy controller.
    The implementation invlolves using a raspberry pi as a node server and running software named polyglot to interface the tags to isy.

The upshot of all that is that I do have the wireless tags reading data into my isy.

The question I have is that they do not seem to be read in to HS3 via the plugin.

Is this what you are referring to?

http://wirelesstag.net/

I've been interested in those for a long time now. Sorry for the hijack... I don't have an ISY but I'm thinking if those tags work as well as they advertise I might be interested in a stand alone HS3 plugin...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zsima View Post
        Hi:

Not really. At least not at this time.

The issue is that node servers can be almost anything but to translate the nodes created by them into HS I need to write specific code to handle each node server's node. The ISY Plug-in is already the equivalent of multiple HS plug-ins with thermostat, lighting, network resources, variables, ISY programs, etc. Trying to support all of the various node servers (I think there are currently somewhere between 30 and 40 different node servers), is just too much effort and would complicate the plug-in significantly.

There is some discussion between the various node server developers about how to better describe the nodes created by node servers so other applications can deal with them. If something happens with that, it may be easier to update the plug-in for node server nodes.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Comment

Yes, variables are supported in the plug-in so setting variables to values from the node would make them available to HS.

Not an ideal way to do that , but it should work.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in
            http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks, that should be all I need to work with right now.

Thanks again for your replies and your excellent plug in

Comment

Working...
              X