Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usb network convertor supporting?

Hello Michael,

I want to move 1x ds2409 hub for a distance of 25 mtr. Does xapmcs1wire support this convertor?

http://en.newstar.eu/accessories/usb/newstar-4-port-usb2-0-hub-extender-ip/?alstart=0
    regards piever.

I tried to extend a DS9097U via IP/Serial and did not have any luck. There was somebody on cocoontech that did have success and I believe they had to get down into the low level interface software to adjust timing. If I had to guess this type of IP/USB extension will not work out of the box for DS9490D. It was also not clear to me if they mapped the USB into the OS devices or everything had to be treated as a child of their USB Server application. For example, will these devices show up under Controll Panel as USB1, USB2, USB3 and USB4 or similiar?

A better solution for remote 1-wire is to have the firmware/software running at the point of interface and use xAP over the LAN. A Temp08 would be an example. I run one of these over WAN and xapmcsTemp0x. I also want to migrate xapmcs1wire to plug computer (e.g. PogoPlug, SheevaPlug, Dockstar) but have not taken that step yet.

Comment

Hello Michael,

I tested a remote usb port and connected a ds9490 with a ds18b20 sensor to it. xapmcs1wire find the 2e usb port and find the 2e ds2490 and the temp sensor.
      The problem now is that xapmcs1wire can not work with 2 usb ds9490 adapters.

The same problem I tested with direct connected 2x ds9490 to xapmcs1wire. Its finds the 2 adapters but it can work only with one adapter. The users guide of xapmcs1wire says that its support more then 1x usb adapter,!!!

Do I have to change somethings to support this?

regards piever.

Comment

With the addition of the DS2409 for hub switching the need for multiple adapters went away. I still do believe others do have multple adapters connected, but not positive it is with the .NET version of xapmcs1wire. Best to run will general debug and post the output plus your .ini file.

Comment

Hello Michael,

It seems to work now with a remote modem-usb port. I think there is something wrong with one of the devices (ds2408 or so) I will do some more testing. I will replace the ds2408 chip.

regards piever

Comment

Hello Michael,

Please look at the cisco nslu2 router. I have this router almost 7 year to run a photo website. Its cheap and you can install debian or unslung (linux)on it. Its only 5Watt.
            Perfect to re-write xapmcs1wire with xap hub

Regards piever

Comment

My low wattage platform target is the plug computer which also has the same ARM architecture. I have some applications ported to it with mcsSprinklers being the primary one. For one wire xapmcsTemp0x runs on it and there is an xAp hub for sharing. I would like to move xapmcs1wire to same platform. I have not tried very hard, but my applications uses java and MS j object. I do not know if these have been ported. I know there are 1-wire applications running on linux, but they seem to be based upon a different support libraries.

Comment

Working...
              X