This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed new Smarthome Insteon Hub today

Just wanted to let all know I installed the new Smarthome Insteon Hub today after updating my Insteon plug-in to version 1.8.2.3.

I received it for xmas but I have been holding off installing because I thought it would be an all day project getting it to work.

Boy was I wrong - this was the best experience I think I have ever had - took it out of the box, plugged it in, assigned it a fixed IP address. Set the IP address in the plug-in and hit update interface database. All was well, everything worked great.

But then..... I rebooted my HS PC - the Insteon interface would not start, tried rebooting again, checked the hub, it was online, rebooted the hub and Insteon plug-in. No joy.

Not sure what went wrong or what I did wrong - any ideas?

Comment

Update - looked through the error log that was posted on this board. I noticed port 25105 was specified for the hub.

I tried again using that port # and it started to work. Not sure how I was supposed to know that. I didn't see a port reference anywhere, the document that came with the hub was 1 page and the link to the user manual online did not work. O-well, working now.

Assuming before (until I did a restart) although I changed the interface to IP the plug-in continued to use the old USB PLM that was sill plugged in.

Had to reprogram all of my devices for the new PLM but not a big deal since I'm mostly z-wave based and only have a handful of Insteon devices.

Switching devices on / off seems a little bit slower, maybe an extra second delay but maybe things just need to settle out.

I'll update that post if I run into anything - so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
        Update - looked through the error log that was posted on this board. I noticed port 25105 was specified for the hub.

I tried again using that port # and it started to work. Not sure how I was supposed to know that. I didn't see a port reference anywhere, the document that came with the hub was 1 page and the link to the user manual online did not work. O-well, working now.

Assuming before (until I did a restart) although I changed the interface to IP the plug-in continued to use the old USB PLM that was sill plugged in.

Had to reprogram all of my devices for the new PLM but not a big deal since I'm mostly z-wave based and only have a handful of Insteon devices.

Switching devices on / off seems a little bit slower, maybe an extra second delay but maybe things just need to settle out.

I'll update that post if I run into anything - so far so good.
        Are you by chance using the Insteon iOS/Android app? According to the owners manual 25105 is the port for the app to connect on. I was playing with the Insteon app and connected it to my hub. After that, Mark's plugin could no longer connect. What maybe happened is the hub use port 80 out of the box but when you setup the app it changes to 25105??? Let us know if you are using the app as well as Mark's plugin.

Comment

COM protocol with the hub

As mentioned before, I'm redoing my AV/light automation and I purchased the Insteon hub to get away from IR, i.e. removing my 2411R from service.

I need to send commands to the hub from DemoPad. I've managed so far to send direct device commands as well as group commands. Reverse engineering showed me that, quite simply, commands to the hub appear to be composed of the Insteon packet wrapped in some higher level commands, all of this in an HTTP packet.

I noticed, although the commands get executed, that the resulting status doesn't get to the HomeSeer console; I need to do polling to get it. Peeking into the plugin's detailed log entries, I notice that "1?XB=M=1" is sent after each command. I haven't had time to check into this.

Mark: without divulging the developper's kit, can you share some of the guts of the communication?
          - what is the syntax on commands?
          - what is the leading character before the first '?'
          - what is the significance of the trailing '=I=3' in commands that I sent
          - what does "1?XB=M=1" do?
          - how can I get the resulting status of a command to the hub updated in the HS console?

Comment

I did not use the Smarthome IOS app until after I had the problem. I tried the IOS app later to see if it would connect to the hub (thought I might have a bad hub out of the box).

So that did not cause my original problem, I don't run my HS system on port 80 so maybe that was the cause - I had a problem not using port 80 with another plug-in a while back.

The documentation didn't say I needed to list the port in the config. and that plug-in did not work until I did. Not saying that was the issue here but not sure what else it could be.

I don't plan to use the IOS app, seems like that would get things out of sync unless the PLM reports status somehow. Besides, it is hard enough to keep all this crazy stuff working without tempting faith ;-)

Comment

For those that will use the mobile apps and want to convert to the Hub, I think its better to set up the hub with the cloud / account setup features first using the mobile app and then setup Mark's plugin to use it afterwards.

If you are converting from an existing PLM, its a little trickier and you have to use the swap PLM function and take notes and clean up things after you're done. You need to recreate any groups that you have on your current PLM from scratch. Print out your groups, etc.. and back up your system first. You may want to wait to convert from a stable working PLM system to the hub and see how we fare here.

No matter if you are converting from another plm or building a new system, the plugin and hub each have their own device record keeping. You need to re-'tap add' the ones you want to control with the mobile app using its wizards. The hub's program and the plm both make calls to control the PLM and are unaware of each other.

It hasn't caused problems for me, and the hub can see that there is already a link between it and the device. The Hub's code does need some improvement and don't expect too much from the mobile app right now, just get used to how it will work. There are a lot of "under construction" messages.
              Paul

Comment

I have a question, hoping this is not a big issue...

After switching to the Insteon Hub I have some links remaining (below)

------------
                The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
                19.1C.11 found in Insteon Kitchen Sink Overhead Dual-Band SwitchLinc On/Off 0
                20.73.64 found in Insteon Kitchen Sink Overhead Dual-Band SwitchLinc On/Off 0
                20.7D.FE found in Insteon Kitchen Sink Overhead Dual-Band SwitchLinc On/Off 0
                19.1C.11 found in Living Room Tap-Added RemoteLinc 2 - 8-Btn Keypad 0
                19.1C.11 found in Master Bedroom Tap-Added RemoteLinc 2 - 4-Btn Keypad 0
                ------------

Most appear to be from my old PLM, not sure about two others - can I just delete the unregistered links or will something bad happen.

Also, I had one Insteon motion sensor that was directly controlling a light, I have now added that motion sensor to HS and I want to delete the direct link between the light and motion sensor (on both devices).

Same question, is that OK to do or is it a no no, not sure and don't want to cause any issues.

Comment

19.1C.11 was probably the insteon address of your old plm. Yes you can delete those links. The swap and replace plm function would have deleted those, but with only a few devices, no big deal

Hard to say on the others without knowing what device they are and what the interaction should be. How did you did you set up the links before, with an insteon group?

Generally speaking, unregistered devices can be problematic for the insteon network to deal with. Weird behavior can appear. Its probably better to get rid of them.
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                    As mentioned before, I'm redoing my AV/light automation and I purchased the Insteon hub to get away from IR, i.e. removing my 2411R from service.

I need to send commands to the hub from DemoPad. I've managed so far to send direct device commands as well as group commands. Reverse engineering showed me that, quite simply, commands to the hub appear to be composed of the Insteon packet wrapped in some higher level commands, all of this in an HTTP packet.

I noticed, although the commands get executed, that the resulting status doesn't get to the HomeSeer console; I need to do polling to get it. Peeking into the plugin's detailed log entries, I notice that "1?XB=M=1" is sent after each command. I haven't had time to check into this.

Mark: without divulging the developper's kit, can you share some of the guts of the communication?
                    - what is the syntax on commands?
                    - what is the leading character before the first '?'
                    - what is the significance of the trailing '=I=3' in commands that I sent
                    - what does "1?XB=M=1" do?
                    - how can I get the resulting status of a command to the hub updated in the HS console?
                    claude,

I don't know all the syntax of the http wrapper around the insteon msgs. its not documented. just follow the log msgs.

/1?XB=M=1 is used to clear the hub buffer.

/buffstatus.xml is used to get an xml dump of the current buffer. you would need to parse this file to get the response from device/hub
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, do you clear the buffer immediately after reading it? I'm wondering if both the hub software and the plugin are consuming the buffer and then clearing it, one or the other may lose. I seem to be getting updates in both the plugin and the hub app, but maybe that's just been luck as I have only have a few insteon and x10 devices on the mobile app.
                      Last edited by pbibm; January 1, 2013, 10:09 PM. Reason: clarify plugin vs plm
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                        Mark, do you clear the buffer immediately after reading it? I'm wondering if both the hub software and the plugin are consuming the buffer and then clearing it, one or the other may lose. I seem to be getting updates in both the plugin and the hub app, but maybe that's just been luck as I have only have a few insteon and x10 devices on the mobile app.
                        I clear the buffer after reading it.

as i understand it from sh, they clear the buffer before sending a cmd which i don't do. so that may be a good thing in this case.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Status update by the plugin when sending cmd directly to hub via HTTP

Mark,

If I send a command (turn on some light) directly to the hub via HTTP from a remote control, the status on the HS console does not update for that device. But I can see your plugin 'seeing' that message, but apparently not processing it further:
                          <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:04 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:05

</TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon
                          </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1
                          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:05
                          </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon
                          </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX
                          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:07
                          </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1
                          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:07
                          </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):04 97 C2 1E 97 9B 2B 13 00
                          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:07
                          </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX
                          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:07
                          </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received message from Active [1:S. TV] TV spot (04.97.C2) taking hops: 1
                          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:19
                          </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...
                          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:00:19
                          </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

When I locally flip a switch on, I can see a similar STX coming in but the plugin seems to process that one further:
                          <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:05 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):0B 85 7C 00 00 01 CF 11 00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Received message from Active [2:SBE] SBE plafond (0B.85.7C) taking hops: 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received \38 ([2:SBE] SBE plafond) Go ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "Watch: SBE activity (On)"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                          <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device Active [2:SBE] SBE plafond (0B.85.7C) is group broadcast source (tgt group/button:1) sending cmd 11</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device \38. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:4 New Value:60</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Device Control </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Device: Other/Virtual [2:SBE] SBE watch flag (V1) OFF</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Processing SetIOEx for device - \25 Cmd: 2 Bright: 0 Data1: 0 Data2: 0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device \25. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Not syncing KPL because of NoSync user option for 0A.D8.C1 src index 6, SrcIsSyncTarget=True</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>TransmitGroupMsg called for device code: \25, PLM Group 13</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending command 02 62 00 00 0D CA 11 FF to PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:08 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/3?026200000DCA11FF=I=3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:09 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 14:11:09 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My objective was to be able to send commands directly to the hub from my remote but let the plugin do the rest. From my limited knowledge, I can't see the difference between the 2 events.

What do you think?
                          Last edited by mnsandler; January 2, 2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

claude, can you try creating a trigger that will run when your device transmit the same direct on or off msg

i'm curious if this works
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

Set up an event triggered by 'set to any status' that actions an email. As you can see below, I tested it by doing a device control from the HS console. Further below, you'll see the remote commands sent, the plugin receiving them but not much more happening.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:01 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Device Control </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Device: Active [1:S. TV] TV spot (\6) OFF</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:01 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Processing SetIOEx for device - \6 Cmd: 3 Bright: 0 Data1: 0 Data2: 0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:01 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device \6. Old status:4 Old Value:50, New Status:3 New Value:0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:01 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "Status update when direct to hub"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:01 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "Status update when direct to hub"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:01 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending command 02 62 04 97 C2 0A 13 00 to PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:01 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/3?02620497C20A1300=I=3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:02 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:02 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:02 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Got PLM Response 02 62 04 97 C2 0A 13 00 06</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:03 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):04 97 C2 1E 97 9B 2B 13 00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:03 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:03 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received message from Active [1:S. TV] TV spot (04.97.C2) taking hops: 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:03 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:03 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>email </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Email successfully sent to xxx</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:03 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>email </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Email successfully sent to xxx</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:06 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:06 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:21 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:21 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:36 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:36 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:44 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:44 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:51 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:27:51 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:28:06 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:28:06 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:28:21 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:28:21 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:28:36 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:28:36 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:28:51 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:28:51 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:06 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:06 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:07 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:07 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:09 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:09 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):04 97 C2 1E 97 9B 27 13 00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:09 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received message from Active [1:S. TV] TV spot (04.97.C2) taking hops: 2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:09 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:21 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:21 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:29 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:29 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:31 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Sending http://192.168.1.15:25105/1?XB=M=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:31 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):04 97 C2 1E 97 9B 2B 11 FF</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:31 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Received message from Active [1:S. TV] TV spot (04.97.C2) taking hops: 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:31 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLMBuffer_Clean - Cleared 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to locate next possible STX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:36 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Starting Scheduled Polling...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2013-01-02 18:29:36 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Ok, i figured out what's happening.

the msg you are expected to get processed is a ACK msg. However since the plugin didn't send the original msg, its not expecting an ACK, so it just ignores it.

i guess i can add an ini setting to get the plugin to process misc ACK msgs, but i'm afraid of the side effects if i make this change for everyone.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X