Multiple Motion Sensors and 1 light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I'm using Z wave motion sensors, the type that give an on at first detection and do not report any more on status, it justs sends and off after motion has stopped being sensed.

I Plan to have 2 of these motion sensors in different locations that I wish to use to control a single light. The problem I see is that the light will turn off after 1 of the sensors detects inactivity for a period of time and sends its off signal even when the other motion sensor still has activity in front of it.

How would you configure HS3 to deal with this situation ?

Thanks

Phill

Hi Phill,

Here's how I would approach it:

Don't use direct associations with the motion sensors and the lights and then create the following events:

1. Turn on light if motion detected with motion sensor A
    2. Turn on light if motion detected with motion sensor B
    3. If motion sensors A and B have both been off for a period of time, turn off light

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman. Thanks for that. Is this an option from within the event or are you proposing a script ?

Comment

Hi Phill, no scripting is required. You can do it with conditions in events

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You could also look at using a plugin like BLRadar. This would allow you to create occupancy devices which can contain multiple PIRs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          Nicolai L

Comment

+1 on Blradar. Multiple motions can be associated with room occupancy among other things. Great plugin
            HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Working...
            X