Introducing Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing Z-Tool+

Z-Tool+ is our new mobile-based Z-Wave network setup tool. The app runs on your mobile device and features inclusion, exclusion and naming functions to get your devices added quickly and easily.

If you've ever had to add or remove devices using the HS3 web interface on a mobile phone, you will DEFINITELY appreciate this new tool. No more panning, pinching, scrolling and zooming - just click the add or remove buttons.

Z-Tool+ will be rolled out next week for Android and Windows Phone devices (yes, native Windows Phone *gasp*). The IOS version will also be submitted but (naturally) will take a few weeks to show up in the app store.

But... of course... if you guys are following us on Twitter, you would have known this 20 minutes ago! ... which reminds me... if you're on Twitter, please go ahead and retweet this; you can just click on the little twitter icon below the last post in this thread.

Learn more: http://www.homeseer.com/z-tool-mobile-app.html

Everybody - have a good weekend!

Requirements:

* HS3 version 3.0.0.194 or later
    * Z-Wave plug-in 3.0.1.23 or later
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

This sounds awesome.

It would be equally awesome if you could manage the device you just added. Like being able to re-define location, location2, and rename the devices.

I just went around the house, with my iPad, and added 14 window sensors. I had to re-organize each one as I added them so I could tell afterwards which one was which.
    Mike

Comment

OMG! Somebody cares that I have (and like) a windows phone. I think I'm going to cry.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Mark.

Have a pleasant weekend over there eh.

DIYing Pizza tonight.

BTW here switched over to MS Mobile and I am a happy camper.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          Z-Tool+ is our new mobile-based Z-Wave network setup tool. The app runs on your mobile device and features inclusion, exclusion and naming functions to get your devices added quickly and easily.

If you've ever had to add or remove devices using the HS3 web interface on a mobile phone, you will DEFINITELY appreciate this new tool. No more panning, pinching, scrolling and zooming - just click the add or remove buttons.

Z-Tool+ will be rolled out next week for Android and Windows Phone devices (yes, native Windows Phone *gasp*). The IOS version will also be submitted but (naturally) will take a few weeks to show up in the app store.

But... of course... if you guys are following us on Twitter, you would have known this 20 minutes ago! ... which reminds me... if you're on Twitter, please go ahead and retweet this; you can just click on the little twitter icon below the last post in this thread.

Learn more: http://www.homeseer.com/z-tool-mobile-app.html

Everybody - have a good weekend!
          Very cool! That is a lot handier than trying to control it through the web interface on a phone
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Does the device need to be a new generation z-wave device in order for inclusion to work or will it work with older devices?

Comment

oh come on, i love zooming my screen around to click on those little pesky function box drop downs in the add node ui.

Funny, the last time I added a few switches using my phone i had just upgraded to the nexus 6 and said to myself, wow this is so much easier now that I have a bigger screen to get to these dinky little dialogues.

This will be a great tool!

Now for version 2 you need to defy the laws of frequency bands and have the node sync THROUGH the phone instead of using NWI!

Comment

Originally posted by seerbeliever View Post
                Does the device need to be a new generation z-wave device in order for inclusion to work or will it work with older devices?
                Just looking at the description, it looks to interface with HomeSeer, not the controller. If that's the case it will work with any controller that is compatible with HomeSeer.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

you must have felt my frustration missing the portability of the Z-troller
                  Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                    This sounds awesome.

It would be equally awesome if you could manage the device you just added. Like being able to re-define location, location2, and rename the devices.

I just went around the house, with my iPad, and added 14 window sensors. I had to re-organize each one as I added them so I could tell afterwards which one was which.
                    Click the link in my post and look at the screen shots and read the "Operation" section. That should make you happy!

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                      OMG! Somebody cares that I have (and like) a windows phone. I think I'm going to cry.
                      Microsoft just laid off 7,800 people from their Windows Phone division... might be another reason to cry soon (sorry).

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Very cool! That is a lot handier than trying to control it through the web interface on a phone
                      My thinking too.

Originally posted by seerbeliever View Post
                      Think of this tool as a replacement for using the HS3 web interface to add devices. That's really what it is.

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                      you must have felt my frustration missing the portability of the Z-troller
                      Absolutely, we did it all for you Geary!

Comment

Click the link in my post and look at the screen shots and read the "Operation" section. That should make you happy!
                        Well now don't I feel silly. Nice Mark!
                        Mike

Comment

The z-net was a absolute winner, and now this!
                          HS Tech thank you for this constant incremental improvement of design, function and utilities for your customers.
                          Tom
                          baby steps...starting again with HS3
                          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Microsoft just laid off 7,800 people from their Windows Phone division... might be another reason to cry soon (sorry).
                            There were 7,800 people working on windows Phone? Given the amount of time and resources at Microsoft's disposal I could have built my own windows phone in my basement. Seriously.

Hopefully one of the people laid off was responsible for the minesweeper game that came with my phone. That guy really needs to re-examine his career choices.
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                              There were 7,800 people working on windows Phone? Given the amount of time and resources at Microsoft's disposal I could have built my own windows phone in my basement. Seriously.

Hopefully one of the people laid off was responsible for the minesweeper game that came with my phone. That guy really needs to re-examine his career choices.
                              lol
                              Tom
                              baby steps...starting again with HS3
                              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
                              X