ISY Plug-in dies on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Plug-in dies on startup

This has been a problem for as long as I've been using Homeseer 3 with the ISY plug-in. I suspect it's something simple.

I periodically restart my machine and i have a task scheduler item that launches homeseer upon reboot. I'm pretty sure it's set to have administrator privileges and all, but I get this error every time Homeseer starts up (2 minutes after machine boot):

1/31/2018 7:40:26 PM ~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe: The type initializer for 'HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon' threw an exception.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

If I close Homeseer and restart it manually again, it works fine. Any suggestions?

One more thing. When I do restart homeseer, I have to go to the plug-ins page and manually turn on the ISY plug-in. A real showstopper in terms of letting the machine reboot unattended.

Thanks,

Tim

From the startup log, which I had hoped would have more useful information:
    1/31/2018 7:40:26 PM ~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe: The type initializer for 'HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon' threw an exception.

Hi Tim,

I believe you've mentioned this before.

My, very limited, understanding of what is happening is that HomeSeer tries to verify the plug-in and its dependencies when it tries to start it. In this case, the verification fails for some reason and it can't start the plug-in.

The HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon is the main class that actually holds the entry point for the plug-in executable. So likely the problem is that something that it depends on can't be resolved at that time which is what causes the error.

There's nothing I can do inside the plug-in code to effect this. I can't control when HS tries to load the plug-in. The plug-in hasn't even started at this point so I can't put any delays or try and trap any errors.

Do you have the problem if you disable the auto start of HomeSeer, boot the system and manually start HomeSeer?

Is your scheduled task run at startup (i.e. when no user is logged in)? It may be that there is a dependency on something that isn't started until a user logs in.

What happens if you delay the task for 30 seconds or something after startup?

Do you have (or can you try) having the system auto login at boot and have HS start on login vs. starting at startup?
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Tim,

You don't mention which version of HS you are using, but the very latest betas starting after .406 actually add the option to have the plugins load after HS starts. With this you can also define the order they load by changing them in the .ini file I believe. I have never had the issue you are reporting, but I also have HS start after a short delay on computer bootup using Startup Delayer.

You might make sure you have a bit of a delay on computer startup before HS tries to kick off or you might see about giving that newest beta of HS a try as then the plugin will load a bit later and you should be able to move it down the list of plugins in the startup order.

Jeff

Comment

Problem Fixed

I had failed to specify the START FOLDER in task scheduler. That has been fixed and everything is great now! Thanks for the help here, though! Knowing it was just me led me to look at computer-level problems.

Tim

Comment

Working...
        X