Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd, intermittent IP2IR connection problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd, intermittent IP2IR connection problem...

I have an old(er) IP2IR device that I have used on HS2 and now HS3 for years. It has always had a connection issue between UltraGCIR at Homeseer startup (both HS2 and HS3). I have lived with this issue from the beginning, since I learned that all I need to do is cycle the power to the IP2IR after HS startup and UltraGCIR will then find the device and connect, right away.

However, I have begin to wonder if this annoying problem is a hardware issue or one that may be resolved via software? Does anyone else ever see this issue?

Last night, I restarted Homeseer:
    3/22/2018 5:29:42 PM,Startup, HomeSeer version 3.0.0.423 Edition: HS3 Pro Starting Now

My Global Cache GC100 was discovered right away, and NEVER has this issue.
    3/22/2018 5:30:41 PM,Informational,DiscoveryBeacon: Global Cache unit GC-100-12 [192.168.1.6] discovered.

I did NOT cycle power on the IP2IR, but it was eventually discovered almost 4 hours later:
    3/22/2018 10:11:07 PM,Informational,DiscoveryBeacon: Global Cache unit iTachIP2IR [192.168.1.7] discovered.

Four minutes later, the first successful IR was issued by the IP2IR that turned off my TV and fans:
    3/22/2018 10:15:19 PM,Device Control,Device: 1st Floor Entertainment-Center TV Fans to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

So, does this look like a intermittent IP2IR problem? Since it is working before HS is cycled, it has the symptoms of UltraGCIR (or something) not properly shutting down the IP2IR before exiting. On the other hand, it does not do it every time HS is cycled. Only about 1 out of 4 times. Any insight would be appreciated. I hate to spend another $100 on a new IP2IR if the hardware is not the issue.

Thanks
    Gary
    Last edited by Kbevo; March 23, 2018, 02:24 PM.

If I recall correctly, this was an issue that was resolved with newer firmware. Have you checked to see if you're running the latest firmware on your IP2IR?

If you are looking to purchase a new one, look at the newer iTach Flex instead.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      If I recall correctly, this was an issue that was resolved with newer firmware. Have you checked to see if you're running the latest firmware on your IP2IR?
      Interesting. I did have outdated firmware and according to iHelp have successfully upgraded to the latest version. So time will tell if this fixes the problem. Whats interesting, is according to Global Cache, the PCB_PN on my unit (03) is not up-gradable.

If you are looking to purchase a new one, look at the newer iTach Flex instead.
      I am curious as to if/why you like the Flex over the IP2IR? They seem to close to the same price?

Thanks much
      Gary

Comment

New Issue...

Ultra, I went in and did an UltraGCIR3 "import" today. It seemed to complete ok, but when I tried to leave the page I got a prompt with buttons to Leave the page or stay. After a couple times responding with stay, I did a Leave. When I went to check on the import, I noticed the config page links were no longer available. I tried restarting HS3 and still no joy. What did I do wrong, and how do I get the config options back?

Thanks
        Gary

(See Image below)

Comment

Update...

This morning it is different, but still not back to normal? Any suggestions?

Thanks
          Gary

Comment

Working...
          X