iTach Receive IR supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTach Receive IR supported?

I'm looking to implement some IR send & receive in several rooms and it sounds like the GC-iTach devices are pretty good.

While I am clear that the plugin allows one to send learned IR out of HS to the iTach devices, after poking around both here and in the docs a bit I am still unclear whether the UltraGCIR plugin supports receiving IR transmissions (say from a remote) and then triggering HS events.

Can anyone help clear this up?
    Last edited by mfisher; September 8, 2012, 09:50 AM.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Sorry for the delay. Yes, it supports receiving IR Triggers. However, it only works with certain types of remotes where the IR pattern is consistent.

Requirements:
    • Global Cache GC-100 (Global Cache WF2SL or Global Cache IP2SL may also work).
    • Global Cache General IR Receiver (attached to the IR Extender)
    • IR Extender (attached to the serial port on the Global Cache GC-100)

It is pretty easy to set up an IR trigger. Just open the "IR Triggers" web page, then point your remote and the IR Receiver and press the button 3 times. Return to the web page and you'll see the learn pattern. Simply name the IR button and press the "Add" button. You can then use this IR Trigger as a HomeSeer Event trigger.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

I was hoping to use just a WF2IR device rather than a GC-100 + IR Extender + IR Receiver.

From what I understand, all of this functionality is included in the WF2IR. Am I not understanding things correctly? Does your plugin support receiving IR from this unit?
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

The WF2IR does have an IR learner in the back of the unit, but it cannot be used to receive IR from remotes.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Itach hardware and Homeseer

The iTachIP2IR and the WF2IR units;

Can they receive IR commands from remotes directly?

From what Ultra said- The WF2IR does have an IR learner in the back of the unit, but it cannot be used to receive IR from remotes.

How is the IR learner used?

Then how are commands received from remote controls and used in HS for control? Is there a doc I can follow for this?

Can the Ultra GCIR be used in trial?

IS there a difference between the HS version and the Ultra versions?

Thanks in advance.
          HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

I was researching the WF2IR and came upon this thread. I too want to be able to hook up a receiver to this unit and trigger events on IR match. Based on this amazon listing, it appears you can specify one of the ports as a receiver port. Is this not the case?

https://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-...che+wifi+to+ir

"IR and Sensor Interface:Connector: 3.5mm stereo jack,3 Independent selectable IR outputs or sensor inputs, 3 IR emitters included, 1 IR blaster included (supported on 3rd IR port)"
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

This page has the same information:

http://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/wf2irspecs/

I see this is a old thread in a sub-forum maybe not frequently visited. I'll seek confirmation elsewhere but wanted to add this additional link here
              HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
              Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Hello,

The WF2IR cannot be used as an IR receiver.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Hi Ultrajones,

Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me, am I misinterpreting the device's description from those links above, or is the information in those links incorrect?

"3 Independent selectable IR outputs or sensor inputs"

That is the part that has me confused. What would those sensor "inputs" be for if not to receive. Pardon my ignorance.

Thanks!

Comment

Oh, I think I see now. Am I reading this correctly that the "sensor" feature of this device only sends an on/off signal?

http://www.globalcache.com/files/docs/API-iTach.pdf

Comment

That's correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X