multiple hspi_vera.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple hspi_vera.exe

When disabling the plugin it is not killing the running process. When you enable it again, it is starting another instance of the exe. Noticed it earlier while i was trouble shooting some other things on my pc.

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
    When disabling the plugin it is not killing the running process. When you enable it again, it is starting another instance of the exe. Noticed it earlier while i was trouble shooting some other things on my pc.
    Can you enable debug and do a stop/start and send the logs and send the process info?

What HS3 Version?
    OS Release?

Are you stopping and starting the plugin quickly in between? If you stop the PI and wait a bit does the other process then die off? There's no external processes being called but it may be a web socket hanging open that's connected to Vera.

Comment

rebooting the pc. Give me a couple to get everything together.

Comment

Just tested with the beta that was out there early this am and no longer having the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
          Just tested with the beta that was out there early this am and no longer having the issue.
          I've tracked the multiple process issue down to an unclean exit of the PI. When the PI was having the connection issues to the Vera servers it would throw an exception that wasn't being handled. For whatever reason when HS3 would issue the "PI shutdown" the vera process would remain.

In the last update that exception should not occur and there shouldn't be a double process on PI shutdown. I've began adding a lot more checks and catches to try and account for other possibilities as well.

Comment

Working...
          X