No announcement yet.

Plug in not communicating with Rachio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you having problems with controlling zones via the plugin (i.e. not being able to stop a zone etc) you might like to try the following. It's not perfect but an improvement on these issues.
    1. Disable the plugin from the 'manage plugins' list.
    2. Delete ALL the UltraRachio devices (zones, weather, root etc.)
    3. Go to the 'Config' folder in your HS3 directory and delete/rename the hspi_ultrarachio3.ini and hspi_ultrarachio3.ini.bak files.
    4. Enable the plugin and reconfigure (API token, units etc).
    5. Then restart HS3.

All going to plan you should now have rebuilt your UltraRachio devices. You will need to modify any events or scripts that use the UltraRachio devices.

I did this and it seems to working much better. I can now turn the zones off using the 'watering state' device. But using the 'zone control' to turn the zone off has no effect. Also if you use the app or web UI to control the zone the plugin does not change, even after waiting for the update interval set.

It's a real shame that this plugin is not working properly since Rachio update the API. It used to work perfectly. I'm very keen to help Ultra sort this out. Is it something to do with options maybe?

Mine are: units metric, update frequency 2 minutes, forecast today and tomorrow, device image yes.

I'd be interested to see what other people find after recreating the devices.

Marty.
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
      For those of you having problems with controlling zones via the plugin (i.e. not being able to stop a zone etc) you might like to try the following. It's not perfect but an improvement on these issues.
      1. Disable the plugin from the 'manage plugins' list.
      2. Delete ALL the UltraRachio devices (zones, weather, root etc.)
      3. Go to the 'Config' folder in your HS3 directory and delete/rename the hspi_ultrarachio3.ini and hspi_ultrarachio3.ini.bak files.
      4. Enable the plugin and reconfigure (API token, units etc).
      5. Then restart HS3.

All going to plan you should now have rebuilt your UltraRachio devices. You will need to modify any events or scripts that use the UltraRachio devices.

I did this and it seems to working much better. I can now turn the zones off using the 'watering state' device. But using the 'zone control' to turn the zone off has no effect. Also if you use the app or web UI to control the zone the plugin does not change, even after waiting for the update interval set.

It's a real shame that this plugin is not working properly since Rachio update the API. It used to work perfectly. I'm very keen to help Ultra sort this out. Is it something to do with options maybe?

Mine are: units metric, update frequency 2 minutes, forecast today and tomorrow, device image yes.

I'd be interested to see what other people find after recreating the devices.

Marty.
      Tried all the suggestions zones still not able to be turned off from the zone control devices. Only from the watering state device.

Current Date/Time: 4/27/2018 10:01:52 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 7 Hours 16 Minutes 39 Seconds
      IP Address: 10.1.0.123
      Number of Devices: 338
      Number of Events: 149
      Available Threads: 800
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 0
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
      1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
      3.1.1.24385: Blue-Iris
      2.0.22.0: BLUPS
      3.0.0.46: EasyTrigger
      3.0.0.33: iTunesDAAP
      3.0.2.0: MeiHarmonyHub
      0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P
      1.0.0.7: Restart
      30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
      3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
      3.0.6685.27970: UltraRachio3
      3.0.0.83: weatherXML
      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by sgottscho View Post
        Tried all the suggestions zones still not able to be turned off from the zone control devices. Only from the watering state device.

Current Date/Time: 4/27/2018 10:01:52 AM
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
        System Uptime: 0 Days 7 Hours 16 Minutes 39 Seconds
        IP Address: 10.1.0.123
        Number of Devices: 338
        Number of Events: 149
        Available Threads: 800
        HSTouch Enabled: True
        Event Threads: 0
        Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
        Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
        Device Exec Queue: 0
        HSTouch Event Queue: 0
        Email Send Queue: 0
        Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
        1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
        3.1.1.24385: Blue-Iris
        2.0.22.0: BLUPS
        3.0.0.46: EasyTrigger
        3.0.0.33: iTunesDAAP
        3.0.2.0: MeiHarmonyHub
        0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P
        1.0.0.7: Restart
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
        3.0.6685.27970: UltraRachio3
        3.0.0.83: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
        I noticed a similar issue, but wasn't sure the zone didn't turn off because my sprinklers are still winterized. I can turn the zones off and the API response from Rachio indicates it's off, but their app still indicates it is watering. Are you able to confirm your zone is on because it is still watering or are you using the Rachio App to tell you it's still watering?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Are you able to confirm your zone is on because it is still watering or are you using the Rachio App to tell you it's still watering?
          I can confirm the physical zones correspond to the app/WebUI. If the WebUI indicates watering the zone is actually watering. Using the app/WebUI works as expected.

Using the plugin not so much:
          change plugin 'zone control' to on -> zone starts watering and app/WebUI indicates zone is running
          change plugin 'zone control' to off -> zone continues watering and app/WebUI continues to indicate zone is running
          change plugin 'watering state' to stop watering -> zone stops watering and app/WebUI indicates zone off
          use app/WebUI to turn a zone on -> zone starts watering but plugin remains in off/idle state -> change plugin 'watering state' to stop watering -> zone stops watering even though the plugin thinks the zone is already off

Hope this makes sense.

It seems to me there are two issues: 1) The 'zone control' device is not sending the stop watering command to Rachio, and 2) the plugin is not updating from Rachio when a zone changes, even after waiting for the API "Update Frequency" set time.

Could part of the problem be that changing the 'zone control' device to "Zone Off" changes the 'watering state' device to "Idle" but does not actually send the stop watering command to Rachio?

Also, the 'Last Watered' devices are not updating at all. Only the weather and API remaining/reset devices are updating regularly. No API Status failures by the way. It's almost like other than weather no information is coming back from Rachio.

I appreciate the effort you are putting into this. I can imagine it is a little frustrating. But anything I can do to help (debug logs, testing etc) let me know.

Marty.

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

New API - Resolved Yet?

I just installed a Rachio Gen 2 controller which I want to use with my ZEE v2.

Are the issues with the new Rachio API worked out yet?

Would this be a good time to purchase and install UltraRachio3?

Thanks for any information.

Comment

I am still experiencing the same issues with zone control.

Comment

Seeing as there has been no fix for the zones not turning off with the individual 'zone controls' I have made a work around. Basically an event that changes 'watering state' to 'stop watering'. See attached screen shot.

This might work for others having the same problem.

Marty.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  Please shutdown the plug-in, then delete all of the zone devices, then restart the plug-in to have HomeSeer recreate them. Let me know if that solves the issue.
                  Hello Ultrajones,
                  I have also tried the above suggested solution and it has not resolved for me either. With the feedback that you have been getting from Rachio, is there any hope this plugin integration will work in the future? It just seems like we have lost A LOT of features since the last API and Homeseer integration has not been a priority.

On top of that we have paid for this plugin that at this point will only provide weather information, soil type, spray head type etc but no information on last date a zone ran, the amount of time that that zone ran, no way to stop an individual zone but only an all zone stop, etc etc... This has been an issue for several months with no resolution or communication about if anything is being done to resolve.

Sorry for the rant, it is getting a bit frustrating. I have written to Rachio support and posted on their forum in hopes for some attention to this issue.
                  Last edited by The Profit; July 20, 2018, 02:04 PM.
                  HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                    Hello Ultrajones,
                    I have also tried the above suggested solution and it has not resolved for me either. With the feedback that you have been getting from Rachio, is there any hope this plugin integration will work in the future? It just seems like we have lost A LOT of features since the last API and Homeseer integration has not been a priority.

On top of that we have paid for this plugin that at this point will only provide weather information, soil type, spray head type etc but no information on last date a zone ran, the amount of time that that zone ran, no way to stop an individual zone but only an all zone stop, etc etc... This has been an issue for several months with no resolution or communication about if anything is being done to resolve.

Sorry for the rant, it is getting a bit frustrating. I have written to Rachio support and posted on their forum in hopes for some attention to this issue.
                    I just submitted UltraRachio3 HSPI version 3.0.6775.28801 that implements the new method to turn off a zone. I just tested it and confirm it resolves that issue.

Please continue to post in their forum about the features that were removed from their API. There isn't much I can do as they stopped responding to me.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I just submitted UltraRachio3 HSPI version 3.0.6775.28801 that implements the new method to turn off a zone. I just tested it and confirm it resolves that issue.

Please continue to post in their forum about the features that were removed from their API. There isn't much I can do as they stopped responding to me.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
                        Thanks for addressing this issue.
                        There needs to be a better way of informing customers who purchased this plugin when something major is broken (like zones not shutting off when commanded). Because of my work schedule, I surf the forums sporadically and I missed this one.
                        This is not a minor inconvenience. I live in an area where we are subject to water restrictions. We are permitted to water every 4th day and for 20 minutes total and restricted to after 10pm and before 5am. So I divide that 20 minute restriction between 4 zones. Lawns get more of the water while the gardens get less.
                        It’s just the 2 of us and we do our best to save water. We don't let the water run when washing dishes, brushing our teeth, etc. We even do that "If it's yellow, let it mellow" routine, which I hate.
                        So I received water bills with my water usage printed in red ink because I ran over my allotment. The first time I got a bill, I figured it was just a broken pipe which was repaired.
                        The second time, I figured that it was because we had a guest staying with us from back east who loved to take 20 minute showers.
                        When we received the next bill which was also really high and full of red ink, I realized that something is seriously wrong. So I decided to test each zone and check for leaks.
                        I am risking being yelled at for running my sprinklers during the day but I figure that if I explain that I am checking for leaks, they'll let it slide.
                        I checked the first zone. No leaks but imagine my surprise when the water didn't shut off. I Pressed the OFF button for the zone control device but nothing happened. I checked the HS log – the command was sent and there were no errors. Then I remembered that I when I installed the rachio, I plugged into a z-wave outlet so I shut that off which shut off the valve as well. Long story, less long... Since the zone control has been broken, I have been watering each zone for 20 minutes every time it turns on.
                        No wonder my water bills were so high and the city is upset with me.
                        It would be nice, going forward, if you would e-mail your paid customers when the plugin is not operating correctly. If I had received an e-mail, I would have disabled watering until either you updated the plugin or I created a work around.

- Robert
                        Hello Robert,

As you may or may not know, the Rachio API was recently changed by Rachio without notifying anyone. It was difficult to figure out what changes I needed to make because there still hasn't been any information sent out by Rachio. At this point, the basic features were restored in the latest plug-in update (not yet published by HomeSeer). I am sorry for any issues it may have caused you and your family.

Sending out a notification is a great idea. Unfortunately, HomeSeer doesn't provide a means for developers to notify all users of a plug-in.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Sending out a notification is a great idea. Unfortunately, HomeSeer doesn't provide a means for developers to notify all users of a plug-in.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

If there was a Homeseer suggestion box, I would drop a note into it.

- Robert

Comment

Regards,

Ultrajones

Ultra,
                            Franz has replied to my post and needs the specific fields that were removed. Here is his post: https://community.rachio.com/t/rachi...mation/14228/9

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
                            Plugin's:
                            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
                            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                            Plugin's:
                            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                              Ultra,
                              Franz has replied to my post and needs the specific fields that were removed. Here is his post: https://community.rachio.com/t/rachi...mation/14228/9
                              I replied to that post. Please review and let me know if I missed anything.

If anyone else would like to see these feature added back to the Rachio API, please make sure you let Franz know via a private message or post within the Rachio community.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Plugin triggers missing irrigation starts, stops

I just bought a Gen 2 Rachio and have the plugin installed on the 30 day trail.

The update frequency is set to 1 minute, and I've got nearly all of the 1700 daily calls left.

I've written events to trigger whenever watering starts or stops but they sometimes take many minutes after watering status changes, and occasionally misses the entire watering cycle. The device icons don't update for the zones either, but I can see the sprinklers running on the Rachio app and website. It's like the API calls aren't really happening at 1 minute intervals.

If I trigger the start/stop from the devices in HS3, my speaking events trigger within seconds and the Rachio app and website see those, too.

Any ideas what is causing this delay or miss in the plugin?

Comment

Working...
                                X