This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking My Aprilaire system to Homeseer

I have a complete Aprilaire setup including 8X 8870 Communicating T-Stats connected to an Aprilaire 8818 HVAC Distribution panel. The panel is connected to a 8825 System controller which is finally connected to my network via my router.

I am able to access and program my T-Stats through my LAN (192.168.1.200 Ip) using the built in Java interface. So ar so good!

I have HS2 running on a personal computer which has been converted to a HS server for my home.

NOW, I've installed the Aprilaire Plugin, read the help files that I could find and attempted to find some kind of answer in the 3 Aprilaire manuals to help me out, but i'm missing obviously not getting something something! I am unable to see any of my T-Stats throught homeseer. Is my connection correct? what adress do I use correctly access the t-stats?

I've basically spent hours trying stuff "trial and error" but with little success...

Help! Please! Thanks.

plugin

Originally posted by JasonEmond View Post
    I have a complete Aprilaire setup including 8X 8870 Communicating T-Stats connected to an Aprilaire 8818 HVAC Distribution panel. The panel is connected to a 8825 System controller which is finally connected to my network via my router.

I am able to access and program my T-Stats through my LAN (192.168.1.200 Ip) using the built in Java interface. So ar so good!

I have HS2 running on a personal computer which has been converted to a HS server for my home.

NOW, I've installed the Aprilaire Plugin, read the help files that I could find and attempted to find some kind of answer in the 3 Aprilaire manuals to help me out, but i'm missing obviously not getting something something! I am unable to see any of my T-Stats throught homeseer. Is my connection correct? what adress do I use correctly access the t-stats?

I've basically spent hours trying stuff "trial and error" but with little success...

Help! Please! Thanks.
    Hey Jay !
    Add any error messages regarding this plugin you get from the homeseer log to this thread, will help figure out where you are @ in the plugin setup process...
    Im sure any of the seer master that had any experience with the aprilaire plugin will guide you trough this

Otherwise, remind me to give it a look on saturday's poker night !

Ciao !

Comment

Lol! Funny I get more responses from you on the HS Forum than when you're sitting in the office next to me!!!

Problem is I get no error message... HS2 pings the T-Stats every X seconds through com port 2 but nothing updates or changes! No error msg nothing, nada!

Comment

Jason,

As far as I know the Aprilaire plugin is designed to talk to the 8870s directly via the dist. panel and not to an 8825 system controller. With the plugin, HS2 would be used instead of the system controller. Let me take a look at the 8825 docs and see if I can come up with something to get you going instead of using the plug-in.

Ken

BTW, I have 2x 8870 and 2x 8844 T-stats.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Jason,

Unfortunately the 8825 is network only connected and browser-based so there's no easy way to talk to it from HS. I was hoping the port on the 8825 labeled "To Optional Modem" would allow for serial control via text commands but it looks like it just provides a remote browser connection. In order to control your 8870s from HS you would need to replace your 8825 with an 8811 protocol adapter that would then connect to a serial port on your HS server. The Aprilaire plug-in would then talk to the T-stats via the 8811.

Sorry I didn't have better news for you.

Ken
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Well at this point any news is good news.
            I appreciate the help. Thanks

Comment

Aprilaire 8825 Or 8811

What should i use to as a protocol adapter to control 8 x 8870 Aprilaire Thermostats to HSPro?

or can i connect directly to HS server via RS232 to Aprilaire 8818 HVAC Distribution panel and not using any 8825 or 8811 protocol adapter? is it possible?

If yes then please advice on wiring

PVS

Comment

Working...
              X